Monday, October 01, 2007

New Sidebar Link!

Once upon a time I went to girls camp with a girl named Nicole Glenn. We were tight (yo), but seeing as we didn't have driver's licenses and lived a little far from each other, we mostly only saw each other at camp functions. Then she moved to Pennsylvania and I moved to Arizona and that was that. I ran into a mutual camp acquaintance at BYU once and we were catching each other up on all the girls from camp and she mentioned that Nicole had gotten married and moved to Arizona, but I didn't really think to ask where in AZ she had moved (it's a big place).

Fast forward to late 2005. Aaron and I were engaged and my parents had moved into their new house. A friend from my high school ward came home from his mission so we all trekked back to the old ward for his homecoming talk. After sacrament meeting I looked over and said, "MOM! Isn't that Nicole Glenn?" And my mom looked and said, "Hey..ya, I think you're right!"

So I went over and said, "Hi, umm..is your name Nicole?" and she was like, "....yes...how do I know you?" And I told her I was Kayla Peterson from girls camp and much hugging and freaking out ensued.

And we've been re-friends ever since. Aaron and Devon get along smashingly and it's been a lot of sunshine and rainbows and wakeboarding since they came into our lives. Also, they gave us a really big tv.

The Whitings have made blog appearances here, here, and here. And a pregnant Nicole can also be seen here.

And, where this is all going, is they have now started a blog! And they have been added to my links.

The end.

2 comments:

Whitings said...

I PERSONALLY BELEIVE THAT NEARLY EACH HUMAN COULD DEDICATE A BLOG TO HOW I HAVE IMPROVED THEIR LIVES, BE IT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.

DEVON

TheMoncurs said...

So true Devon, so true. I should devote an entire blog to how you've improved the quality of our lives!