Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tagged

Raquel tagged me and I wasn't going to do it since I did one just recently (Becky, that's why I didn't do it when you tagged me! I meant to leave you a comment saying why but just realized I never did. Sorry, I'm a slacker!), but then I realized that I didn't have anything better to blog about today. I'm working on a zoo post, but resizing the massive photo files from our new camera takes a while, so that'll probably be tomorrow.

1. Deepest, darkest secret: I've got a few, but I don't tend to share them with the internets. A sort of deep dark secret is that, in my head, I'm kind of profane. I hate swearing and I think it shows a real lack of intelligence if you can't come up with something better to say. But my mind doesn't quite seem to agree. Considering what's going on in my head, I'm surprised it doesn't slip out more. The stuff that does slip out when I'm upset is pretty mild too, so I guess I've got a decent filter between my brain and my mouth. I'm not proud of this mental swearing problem and I'm always chastising my mind for having the mouth of a sailor. I'm trying to break myself of the habit, but it's hard! I was doing really well, but then I got pregnant and the patience level dropped to new lows and the mental tirades came back with a vengeful passion. I'm working on it.

2. Favorites: Cereal. Something crunchy and not too sweet. I'm the weirdo who eats plain Cheerios and Cornflakes and likes it. Sometimes knowing that there's a big bowl of rice chex waiting for me is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

3. Fears: That I'll outlive any of my kids. And the dark (but not that I'll outlive the dark. I'm not real concerned about that).

4. Habits: See #1. Also, I'm a habitual e-mail checker (actually, that may be an obsession). And I tend to read through my posts multiple times before and after posting them because spelling and grammar errors drive me crazy and I don't want to subject any reader to them. When I find one that has slipped by, I am ashamed. Oh, and I'm an overactive comma user. I was constantly getting called out by my writing professors at BYU for my prodigious use of commas. I don't care. I love them!

5. Talents: I'm a fantastic reader. I can fly through books like nobody's business and retain what I've read really well. I'm decent at Photoshop and getting better all the time, thanks to awesome books and tutorials. I think one of my favorite talents (probably more like a gift, really) is unquestioning faith. I'm just not one of those people who has crises of faith. I'm really able to just accept things as they are and be happy. My mom is the same way. Aaron is pretty much the exact opposite. It makes for interesting..discussions..at our house.

6. Things I'd Like to Learn: Besides how to control the sailor upstairs, I think book binding would be fun. And I'd sure like to learn how to sew better. And flying would be cool. And controlling people with my mind (you WANT to give me a foot rub...).

No comments: