Monday, October 15, 2007

Merry Christmas to US

Aaron and I have kind of gotten into the habit of getting one BIG present each year and calling it good (I really like this setup...Aaron is kind of hard to buy for).

This year, we got ourselves this:

and a good lens. It's a Canon Rebel XTi and it should be here in a couple days and I think we might fall over if it doesn't get here soon because we are SO EXCITED.

Yes, it's a little early, but by the time Christmas rolls around hopefully we'll have mastered the camera and we'll get some really great pictures of the fam and the tree.

And it will take awesome pictures of our babies (my real reason for wanting it).

Yay fancy camera! Yay Christmas!

10 comments:

Becky said...

I am little jealous. We keep waiting for our camera to break so we can make the same splurge!! It's amazing how much better your pics turn out with a nice camera.
And you said...BABIES? Is there something WE should know about you?

TheMoncurs said...

Haha no, there's just one little guy in there. Trust me, there would be much blog panicking if there were more than one. I'm just talking about this baby and all future babies who will benefit from a good camera.

Melody B. said...

I'm A LOT jealous! You'll have to let me know how much, where did you buy it from? Bloggers/moms need good cameras!

TheMoncurs said...

How much? A lot. I'm not actually sure. I told Aaron not to tell me because I didn't want to know.

We bought the body with no lens (the regular lens that comes with it isn't all that great) and a lens (a nicer, general purpose lens) on Amazon.com. You can check pricing there!

Anonymous said...

hello! my dad works for canon and a couple people in the fam have that camera and it is great. have fun using it...

Nikki said...

Jealous. Sam and I might have to do the same thing...

Whitings said...

Awsome camera! But more importantly what do I have to do to get you guys to visit our blog?

Whitings said...

Just so ya know, I was never mad! BUT, this is me with my foot in my mouth!

Noelle said...

I'm SUPER jealous. That is the exact camera I've been longing for as well. I'm thinking, maybe next Christmas. You're going to love having that to photograph the new baby!

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.