Because I got admonished last night for leaving that horrific bug picture up at the top of my blog for so long, I'll get my lazy butt a-postin'. And since I don't really have much to post about, I'll do what Janssen tagged me to do (thanks for the blog fodder!).
What Was I Doing 10 Years Ago?
10 years ago I was 12 and fresh from my People to People trip to England, Scotland, and Wales. I spent 2 weeks touring around as a student ambassador. It was one of the most awesome things I've ever had the chance to do and I really don't remember much else from that year.
I was going to include a couple pictures from the trip, but...I got lazy. Scanning takes a lot of effort. Thank heavens for digital!
What was I doing 5 years ago?
Let's see, in 2002 I was a junior at Mountain View. It was a year full of love life drama (and, Shawna, you know that one thing that happened with the twin brother and the lake at Freestone and the car? I think that happened 5 years ago...oh heavens) and good times with Laura, Shawna, Raquel, and Erin. I sat in front of Jason Morris in AP History and thought he was kind of an idiot. I reconsidered that opinion my senior year and we ended up dating for over a year and I wrote him up until 4 months before he came home from his mission, when I met Aaron. I was rocking my classes, of course, and I think I got my YW recognition that year.
What was I doing 1 year ago?
Thanks to the fact that we had already started using our Google calendar a year ago, I can tell you for certain I was working one year ago today (it was a Friday). Bender had just gotten neutered and was probably still cowering under the couch. And I had a dentist appointment. Aaron and I had not yet celebrated our first anniversary (weird..it feels like we've been married forever).
What did I do yesterday?
Well, I worked. Then, my dad let us off a little early, bless his heart, so I went to my parents' house and watched the tivo'd season premieres of CSI (Las Vegas), My Name is Earl, and The Office (Hello, my dear Office friends! I've missed you so much over the summer, welcome back to my life! I am very much looking forward to Thursday nights with you for the next few months.). THEN, I went to Bethany's and we had our onesie decorating party with some awesome girls from the ward (stay tuned for pictures of my fabulous creations on the baby blog). I stayed way too late and finally went to bed around 3am (our onesie parties get a little crazy).
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. String Cheese
2. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
3. Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Ball (that's what I had for dinner last night!)
4. Raspberries (and blackberries and strawberries)
5. Smoothies
5 Things I would do with one million dollars:
1. Pay off our house (I'm with ya, Janssen)
2. Go clothes shopping
3. Take a vacation to the Bahamas
4. Hire an investment planner
5. Make a few million more off my original investment
5 Places I would love to run away to:
1. Disneyland
2. Atlantis in the Bahamas
3. Provo (kind of sad, but I really do like it. Plus, Nikki's there and I miss her)
4. Hawaii (we don't get to go this year because of the whole pregnant thing :( )
5. As long as we're dreaming here, I'd run away to 20 weeks in the future when the Bean is due. I'm kinda tired of being prego already. It's not nearly as fun as I thought it would be.
5 TV shows I like:
1. The Office
2. CSI
3. 24 (last season excluded)
4. Arrested Development (the world is a slightly darker place since it was canceled)
5. Beauty and the Geek (can't help it! It's awesome!)
5 things I hate doing:
1. Cleaning
2. Waking up before I'm ready
3. Dishes (old food really grosses me out)
4. Talking to upset people on the phone at work ("I understand you're upset, but you need to talk to ____. There's really nothing I can do to help you." "I know, it's just..." bla bla bla continue whining to me for 20 minutes. GAH).
5. Squishing bugs that have found their way into my house
5 biggest joys of the moment:
1. My shower is over for the day (it just takes so much effort to shower)
2. I got a nap this afternoon, even after sleeping in
3. Today is Saturday. Blessed, blessed Saturday!
4. We have food to eat because I finally went grocery shopping this week
5. I had string cheese, cheerios, and leftover mac and cheese for lunch. Hooray for variety!
I don't really feel like tagging anyone, so if you need something to blog about feel free to consider yourself tagged!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I so agree about the showering thing. . .I loathe showering. Such an effort.
I too would go clothes shopping.
And I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
And you are more than welcome to send me whatever that cream cheese chocolate chip ball is.
Okay, 10 years ago , you were 12...WHAT? And 5 years ago, you were a Jr...WHAT? You just made me feel like Methuzela...thanks:P!
I first read "hire an investment planner" as "hire an investigator" I was like...uhhhh, what do you think Aaron is doing on the sly?! LOL. :P
Hehe Aaron is kinda slimy that way. Gotta keep an eye on him...
Post a Comment