
Today I'm going to do a spotlight on my sister, Nikki. Because A. I can and B. I'm editting photos for her wedding slideshow and they're cute and I want to share them.Nikki was born 14 months after me on July 10, 1986. Growing up we basically hated each other 50% of the time (sharing a room was really hard for us), but now we're friends. Mostly. (sometime I'll tell the story of the person I became after going on the pill right before Aaron and I got married. Dark, dark times, my friends).
Nikki was a good, beautiful baby (and my mom was a hot, look at her!) and for the first few years of her life she had the most beautiful blonde ringlets. She was a little angel baby. Later, she could raise hell when she wanted to. When she got mad, she used to go to her room, scream "I HATE YOU!" and then slam her door. Then she'd open her door and do it again. And again. And again...it's a good thing she couldn't hear mom and dad giggling when ever she did it. There was was trying to convey the depths of her anger and despair and they were cracking up. The nerve.
Nikki was second of 3, a blessing and a curse. She definitely suffered from middle child syndrome sometimes, but it also put her in a position to be close to me and closer to my brother when I became a snotty teenager and thought playing with my little siblings was below me. Now, my brother and I love each other to pieces, but I'm pretty sure Nikki is cemented in his heart as his favorite sister.
I like this picture cause she's wearing a fanny pack.
Nikki was always my partner in doing stupid things. Direct your attention to the roller skates underneath the basket. We lived on a long, decent sized hill in California. I don't remember this day in particular, but bundling Jared up in blankets and sending him down the hill in various contraptions of our own making was a favorite pasttime. Somehow, he survived childhood.
Nikki got a guitar for Christmas a few years ago. She has slowly but surely been learning how to play and I personally think she looks pretty hot with a guitar in hand.
My family went to Hawaii (without me!) and got to take Nikki and Jared scuba diving even though they weren't certified. They had the scuba diving equivalent of a life guard accompanying them, so I guess that's why it was ok. Anyway, Nikki and Jared jumped right in and scuba'd like pros on their first time. Stinkin' talented, that's what they are.
And let's add stinkin' good lookin' to the list.
Nikki is marrying Sam Stewart in the Mesa, Arizona temple on May 26. Their children will be really really ridiculously good looking. And possibly very tall..or very short. We will see.
Congratulations to my wonderful, beautiful, talented little sister whom I love very much (despite whatever I may have said under the influence of the pill). Can't wait to see you in May!
:)





1 comment:
aww thanks. :) honestly i don't remember what you may have said right after you went on the pill but I remember I didn't like you very much at that point in time. :P That was cute, though.
(the word verification says "tkahisnn"...almost thanks!...sort of.."
Post a Comment