Monday, April 02, 2007

I've Been Working on This for a Week

But that doesn't mean you have to read it.

60 Things About Me

1. I am really germophobic (and slightly OCD about it). I'd tell you about it, but then you would probably stop calling and start avoiding me.

2. I hate those serrated "non-skid" paperclips more than anything. The feeling when you put them on or pull them off papers is worse than nails on a chalkboard.

3. I am left handed

4. Forget calories. More than anything, I am concerned about how much fiber I eat every day.

5. The Betty Crocker Bridal Edition Cookbook taught me how to cook (thanks Aunt Diane!)

6. I am a TERRIBLE backseat driver. When Aaron and I go somewhere together I drive more often than not because my comments make him crazy.

7. I am 5 feet 5 and 3/4 inches tall. Growing up I desparately wanted to be 5'6" (heaven knows why). I failed myself in this endeavor.

8. I think I have pretty feet but I hate my nose. I broke it when I was little and would sell a kidney for a nose job.

9. I'm a night person. My most creative hours happen after midnight.

10. I have a soft spot in my heart for homeless people.

11. I am related to Pocahontas on both sides

12. Somewhere back in my ancestry on my mom's side a slave owner got freaky with a slave. Consequently, deep down inside, I've got some black genes. If you don't believe me, go feel my mom's hair.

13. I always thought I'd marry someone really tall. Aaron isn't quite 6'. Aaron always thought he'd marry an asian or Hawaiian girl. I am whiter than white (except for the parts that are black)

14. My parents thought they made up my name. Right after I was born a soap opera introduced a character with my name. Now my name is common enough to show up on the "1000 most popular baby names" lists. It usually lurks somewhere in the 600s and 700s.

15. If I was a boy my name would have been Jared Tyler. If my sister was a boy her name would have been Jared Tyler. My 16 year old brother (finally) is Jared Tyler.

16. My favorite place in the whole world is Disneyland. Disneyworld overwhelms me though.

17. I didn't know Aaron hated roller coasters until after we were married. Things may have turned out a lot differently had I known about this earlier.

18. I had my first kiss on a different continent. It was terrible.

19. I have done a few really creepy stalkerish type things in my life. But at least I KNEW I was being creepy. That makes it ok.

20. I am a really picky eater. I enjoy bland foods. I'm positive there is some kind of physiological explanation for this.

21. I bit my nails until I was in high school (ok I still do it sometimes but it's really rare!)

22. My favorite smell is orange blossoms (LOVE Mesa at this time of year!)

23. Aaron's proposal was my third.

24. I am a champion stick figure drawer. Most of the notes I wrote in high school consisted of long stick figure storyboards.

25. I cannot do a cartwheel.

26. I am freakishly emotional. I once cried at Hey Arnold. I have cried over commercials. I recently cried over the death of a pig I have never seen nor met.

27. I periodically get upset with Aaron for working in a field that requires testing medical devices on pigs.

28. Curvaceousness runs in my family. It ran right past me. I'm shaped like my little brother.

29. I have an insatiable sweet tooth. Diabetes runs in my family. Someday this combination will probably be the death of me.

30. I love most fruit. I hate bananas and most melons.

31. I love sparkly things. Expensive or cheap, doesn't matter, as long as it sparkles.

32. I broke my toe once chasing my friend's little brother around trying to embarass him by giving him a kiss. My boyfriend at the time was there. He was not amused.

33. I am a rule follower. I do not fight against the Man. I have no problem with the Man. Aaron fighting against the Man often leads me to fight with Aaron.

34. I hate needles more than anything. If faced with a banana or a needle, I would eat the banana. That's saying something, because faced with a banana or starvation I would choose starvation.

35. I modeled for a Disney brochure when I was little. I wore a Donald Duck swim suit.

36. I really like the word "Ocotillo"

37. I used to really enjoy watching scary moves. Then The Grudge came into my life. I wasn't able to be alone in the dark for 3 months after that. I don't watch scary movies anymore.

38. I have delusions of creative grandeur. I want to be a photographer, painter, sculpter, wood worker, stained-glasser...

39. When I was little I wanted to be a race car driver

40. Before I got married I was one of the messiest people I knew (seriously, it was gross). Marriage brought out my inner Mr(s) Clean.

41. Photoshop is my most favorite thing ever. I can spend hours playing on it.

42. I am a rabid reader. I will read anything put in front of me. I have read entire issues of Popular Mechanics just because they were there. I don't know that I have ever not finished a book I started. Even the ones I hated.

43. I have always hated red. Until lately. Now I can't get enough of it. I even own 3 red shirts now and want to paint my entire house red. Aaron won't let me.

44. Nicknames that stuck: K.P. (Laura), La (Jason), Kaylala (Nicole), Sweet Kadoodle Petal (Aaron)

45. My middle name is Nicole. My sister's middle name is Lynn. My freshman roommate's name is Nicole Linn.

46. I think our first baby will be a boy. I'm interested to see if that's some kind of mother's intuition at work or if I'm totally delusional.

47. I was an anthropology major before becoming a college drop-out.

48. I loved school. I loved homework (mostly). I loved tests. I loved that feeling of walking into a test knowing I was completely prepared, ripping through that test like I was the one who wrote it and then getting it back with a big fat A written on top. *sigh* Success on a test is like a drug. A sweet, sweet addictive drug.

49. I played clarinet in 4th and 5th grade

50. I feel like people named April are automatically my good friends. My birthday is in April, so, clearly, me and people named April should be able to connect on a deeper level. It's a link I made very young that I never really outgrew.

51. I am a sore SORE loser. Seriously. I don't play games I can't win because it will just end badly for everyone.

52. I played the Ghost of Christmas Present in A Christmas Carol when I was 12.

53. Every time the season turns I'm convinced the incoming season is my favorite. Right now: I love Spring!

54. I love water but I'm a weak swimmer and, even though I love it, the ocean makes me nervous

55. I'm afraid of water beasties. When I go to the lake and the water is so murky I can't see my toes I pull my whole body as close to the surface as possible. This turns my already weak swimming stroke into a kind of panicky-puppy-swimming-in-syrup type of stroke. I would rather look pathetic than get my toes nipped by whatever is lurking down there.

56. I love the original 3 Star Wars films. I really love the Lord of the Rings films.

57. I consider myself a good driver. This may or may not be true.

58. Aaron and I talked about getting married after knowing each other for 2 weeks. We were married 5 months and 11 days after we met. We met on my sister's birthday. We told my parents we were getting married on Aaron's birthday. This makes these anniversaries very easy to remember.

59. Aaron is 5 1/2 years older than me. When he was getting home from his mission I was getting my learner's permit.

60. My iPod shuffle is named Penelope.


It's really hard to come up with interesting things about yourself...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My name is actually Nicole Linn, not Lynn.

Also, my parents wanted to name one of us April, well...my dad did. My mom vetoed the name when combined with "Frost"

My ipod was named R2D2...then I sold it to my sister to pay for wedding expenses.

Also, I really like you Kaylala, and even if the nickname I was calling you didn't "stick" I still like you, a lot. We should be friends sometime.*

*This is not to say that we aren't friends, but there is a difference between having a friendship, and "being friends." I'm sure you understand. :)

TheMoncurs said...

Mea culpa, Miss Micoe, you are totally right. I forgot that you have called me Kaylala since pretty much day 1 (I'm sure I'm probably forgetting about a few more too). It is now fixed. As is the spelling of your middle name. And, to be honest, I KNEW that was the spelling, but it's one of those things that I don't have to write very often, so I forget.

Also, that's really funny you sold your iPod to pay for wedding expenses :)

Furthermore, had you been named April, I would have felt instant connection, but fortunately, you are named Nicole, which is my middle name, which is another instant connection. It was destiny, no matter what!

Anonymous said...

did i know aaron's proposal was your third? i knew pretty much everything else, and if i didn't, it made perfect sense anyway.