I think I may have found my water limit today.
Anyone who has spent any amount of time with me knows of my affinity for large quantities of water. When we first moved to AZ I had this constant feeling of drying out. I started drinking tons and tons of water to compensate. I quickly discovered that drinking a LOT of water helped me feel normal in all the dryness. Now, when I go to a restaurant it's pretty standard for me to drink a full 40+ oz before my meal comes out, depending on how snappy the waiter is about refilling my glass (the good ones get me a pitcher). During the work day I will refill my 17 oz water bottle at least 5 or 6 times, depending on how hot and dry it is that day.
This morning I was feeling it more than usual and by 11:00 in the morning I had polished off 5 bottles. That's around 85 oz of water, for those not wanting to do the math. And I felt great. I sipped another bottle on and off until a 1:00 lunch appointment. Our waiter was a fellow water connoisseur and completely understood my request for water with no ice. And he was dang snappy about refilling my glass. As soon as that puppy was empty he was refilling. By the time our food came, I was kind of uncomfortably sloshy. That doesn't happen very often. I picked at my food and was able to down a decent portion, but by that point was feeling quite ill. As we wrapped up our lunch appointment I realized danger was brewing and excused myself to the restroom where my body rather violently rid itself of what was, apparently, too much water. As a related side note, I highly recommend the chicken tortellini at Saute. Although, I also have to highly recommend not throwing it back up again, as it is not nearly as tasty going that direction as it is going the other direction.
I always wondered what my water breaking point was. Now I know. It's roughly 182 oz. Who knew?
This episode was strongly reminiscent of the one New Years Day I spent puking as a result of drinking. Nikki and I were babysitting for a couple in our ward (I'd say this is probably circa 1997) and we brought a bottle of Martinelli's to toast with while we watched the ball drop on tv. When we got there, it turned out that they had provided us with a bottle as well. So, we each had our own bottle of sparkling cider, yipee! We were at an age where sparkling cider was a rare treat and we only ever got one small glass because we had to share with everyone else. I'm pretty sure I drank at LEAST all of one bottle and possibly some of the other. On the way home I started to get nauseous. By the time we got dropped off it was all I could do to stumble to the bathroom and vomit more than I thought was humanly possible. That was the most violent puking I've ever done. Until today.
Except now I'm thirsty because my body threw up all my water. Bugger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You're able to drink restaurant water?
Ugh, I cannot, for anything. The water (at least around here) tastes JUST LIKE PIPE.
It's GROSSSSSS.
Post a Comment