(I don't usually blog so much about religion, but I guess there's a lot more controvery type stuff going on than usual? Either that or I'm just more aware)
A ministry opposed to Mormonism distributed 18,000 copies of an anti-Moromon DVD around the state of Arizona this week in an attempt to persuade people to leave the church. You can read all about it here.
This really angers me. Not because they are attacking my religion, they can attack all they want and I'm still going to happily skip to church every Sunday, but it angers me because they are wasting considerable money and energy on a fairly benign religious system.
If I had the money, manpower, and time available to me that they do to them, I would build a shelter for battered women. Or do fundraisers for the Red Cross. Or sponsor a 10k for autism. Or raise awareness for the plight of women in Burma. I mean..seriously. There are so many worthy causes out there, why are they devoting their resources to tearing down something that poses no real threat? I mean, if you're going to devote your life to attacking something, how about Robert Mugabe? Or even Fidel Castro for peter's sake? It's so incredibly wasteful.
The guy who founded this organization is an ex-Mormon. The only thing I can think of is that, once upon a time, someone or something about the Church offended him and ever since he has made it his life's mission to pull others away.
How sad.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You are correct. Stuff like that is so sad, makes me even more grateful for what I do have, and know to be true.
fidel castro is a good man.
ok i just like cuba.
Post a Comment