Friday, April 20, 2007

All's Quiet on the Moncur Front

For someone who sometimes posts a few times a day I've been kind of quiet this week! I guess after the excitment of meeting Dr. Quinn everything else kind of pales in comparison.

In extremely exciting news though, we leave for Costa Rica in 1 week from today!

My passport came at the beginning of April...waaaaay earlier than we were expecting it. We had pretty much resigned ourselves to going in June or July and paying $400 more for our plane tickets because we didn't think my passport would make it in time. Then, suddenly, the US gov came through for us and my passport showed up on our doorstep a mere week and a half after I submitted it. Let's hear it for the SF Passport Office!

When my passport showed up the Great Swimsuit Caper began. The swimsuit I loved so much from Shade was back-ordered for FOUR TO EIGHT weeks. Which basically makes it useless to order for our Costa Rica trip. So I began a panicked search for a decent swimsuit. I finally ended up with this one from Target.


No, I don't look anything like that in it (hello, silicone). Yes, it displays my sternum. Yes, I'm ok with that. It's not as bad as it is in other suits, so I'm getting over it. There really weren't many other options. Trust me. I looked. And the color is called "boysenberry," which means you can't NOT like it.

I also happened to stumble upon a really cute pair of sunglasses for $10 at Dress Barn, of all places, while my mom and I were trying to find her a dress for Nikki's wedding. This was very fortuitous because my other pair randomly broke while they were ON MY FACE a couple weeks ago. I have been sad and lonely without them, so I was really happy to find another pair so easily. Yes, they are big. Yes, Aaron hates them. No, I don't care.

This is the place we're staying once we get down there. I think it looks totally awesome.

Here's a picture from one of the rooms. Don't you just love that bathroom?? Sooo excited.

Due to a very VERY generous offer from our good friend Joel, we will have an amazingly awesome underwater camera with us when we go down so we will come back with some fabulous pictures!

No comments: