Sunday, April 08, 2007

Wakeboarding 2 -Steve

My dad hasn't been waterskiing since we sold our boat in '02. This is the man who used to go multiple times a week, so, needless to say, he was totally pumped about going. As soon as we got out on the water I could just see the lights going on and the wheels were turning "How can I get myself a new boat..."

He skiied his first run. It was a little hard on the old man, but he did really well. Unfortunately, I was scrambling for a new camera battery and this is the only picture I got. He wasn't quite able to pull out of this :)

Just to put things in perspective, wakeboards get pulled at around 20mph. Skiiers get pulled between 34 and 36 mph and cut hard enough to pull the back end of the boat around. Dad survived one good run and then he had to come in.

This was the aftermath.

He decided to give wakeboarding a try for his second run. He's been a few times before, but not many.

Dad pondering whether or not he reeeaally wants to get back in the water. Like I said, the water was cold and at this point, the sun was starting to go down and the air was cooling off.

Go Stevie go!
When he got back to the boat he was kind enough to direct us to the gun show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dad truly is studly... It was fun having your brother and dad come. They can come ANYTIME! I really enjoyed watching your dad slolololumlumulum...Wait-how do you pronounce that word again? : )