The US Postal Service is clearly unaware that it's my birthday week.
I had to mail a personal package and buy stamps for the company yesterday morning. The lady behind the desk looked like a postal worker, which is to say that she looked like she hated my guts from the moment she first laid eyes on me.
I tried to send the package first. Apparently, the placement of the "To" and "From" addresses was unsatisfactory. I had to go fix it and get back in line. After waiting in line twice because of her nitpickiness (seriously...the change was really minimal and I'm sure the mailman wouldn't have even noticed) I was kind of annoyed when I got her again on my second time through the line.
This time she accepted my package without a word of apology for doubling my time in the post office. When I gave her my card she told me she couldn't accept it. When I asked why she said, "Because it isn't signed on the back." I said, "Well, here's my ID" as I handed her my driver's license. She then looked at me like I was a maddening small child and said, "I'd need your ID anyway, but your card is still not valid unless it is signed. You'll have to sign it for me to accept it."
I told her I didn't want to sign my card. She told me that would be fine as long as I had cash. I didn't. So, I signed my card (hello, card thieves, my card is signed and ready to go!) and the package is now on its way.
Then I told her I needed to buy a bunch of stamps for work. I pulled out our business credit card. She took one look at it and said, "I can't accept it. It's not your card." "It's a business card." "Doesn't matter." So I pulled out my signed credit card again. At which point she asked for my ID again.
At that point I KNEW she was just trying to spite me.
Newman and this lady should hook up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment