Friday, April 13, 2007

Somebody Saaaaave Meeee

When Smallville first came out I had no clue what it was about. When I found out that it was about Superman's early years I was like, "hey, neat idea!" and then still never watched it. Then sometime last year our office manager let me borrow season 1. I was totally hooked. I'm now very slowly working my way through season 2 (I really get hung up on the red kryptonite episodes. They make me uncomfortable to the point where I actually get up, turn it off, and leave the room, so it takes me like a week to finish one of those episodes). Apparently, the show is currently in its 6th season, so there is a LOT in the middle that I'm kind of unaware of.

Last night I was on the treadmill at my parents' house (their treadmill has a flat screen tv in front of it which makes it automatically the best place in the world to run) and I saw that Smallville was on, and, since I'm currently stuck in the middle of a red kryptonite episode at my house, I decided to watch. It was an episode from this season.

I have no clue what's going on.

What the...Lana's PREGNANT? JONATHAN IS DEAD (I may or may not have teared up just a bit when I figured that one out)!? What is going on with Lex and Lana and marriage? And when did LOIS LANE show up? And since when does everyone live and work in Metropolis? AND WHERE'S THE BLACK KID FRIEND?? And, um, if the intro thing can be trusted, um, did Clark and Lana...ya know?!?!?

I have sooo much catching up to do.

Which brings me to my next point. Tom Welling is devastatingly attractive. His Aw Shucks Clark is OMG kill-me-now cute and loveable and I'd probably throw myself off a bridge so he could save me and then we'd get really close and we'd fall in love in a series of precious semi-awkward moments and this would all be set to a really awesome soundtrack. But, I'll be honest, I REALLY like Lex. Like, if I had to choose..I'd probably choose Lex. That's just how I roll.

No comments: