Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Shopping

Do you ever go shopping and hit the jackpot multiple times and come home just absolutely giddy in love with everything you got?

That happened to me today.

Say bonjour to my fabulous new shoes which I will not wear (except to break them in just a little) until Nikki's Wedding Day for I have finally found my elusive WEDDING SHOES!!


It was love at first sight. I saw them and actually said out loud, "well hello then, I believe you should come home with me!" and the sales lady looked at me funny, which I ignored because me and the shoes were having a moment. They are red and white striped canvas, perfect, I think, for a summery somewhat casual wedding. With a nice lift so I don't look freakishly short next to Sam's freakishly tall family and they will look amazing with a fire-engine red pedicure, which I will most certainly have that day. Nikki, if you have any objections to these shoes, speak now or forever hold your peace (my feelings won't be hurt. There were approximately 3000 other styles of red shoes in just the one store I was in, so it's not like I won't be able to find something I love equally well if you don't like these).

And THIS is my absolutely fabulously amazing new $25 coat with a lot of wonderful big white buttons that kind of make me feel like I should be walking around in a foggy London evening circa 1960. If you're thinking, "Why is her head cut off?" then I'll have you know it's because I had just finished watching Cold Case which always makes me a little emotional and I therefore looked terrible and why are you even asking me about this? This is about the coat, not me. Try to stay on topic. And if you're thinking, "Wow she looks fabulous!" then I say thanks, I've been working out.


And this is my beautiful new Easter dress. Just because I'm an almost 22 year old woman doesn't mean I don't get a new Easter dress, because I do. And it's beautiful and perfect and I love it and thank you to the JC Penny website for having a picture of it because I'm really not cut out for modeling (see: headless coat picture). It's not Aaron's favorite, but Aaron tends to pick out very pretty strapless, spaghetti strap, and halter dresses which I regretfully must decline. To make them modest would be to take away what he loves about them, so he basically never wins, poor man.

I also got a very nice shirt, but it's nothing really spectacular so it's not particularly worth blogging about except to say that it has polka dots, and who doesn't love polka dots? Cause I do.

And now I'm going to bed because it's late and I'm tired and my sentences throughout this post lacked a certain level of coherency that I strive for in my writing and I'm pretty sure I'll read this tomorrow and sniff my water bottle to see if it perhaps contained any alcohol (it doesn't).

Stay tuned because I'm currently working on a list of interesting things about my favorite husband and it may or may not come with pictures of him with a mullet.

3 comments:

i i eee said...

Love the Easter dress! And the shoes! And omigosh the coat!

Anonymous said...

You can wear whatever shoes you want. Those are cute. you're all going to make me look tiny, because everyone's getting huge heals.

Becca said...

I have that blue coat, it's fantastic! And wow, those shoes and that dress....daaaaaang.