Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thrifty Finds

I went to the G-Dub on Saturday thinking it was half off day but turns out it wasn't. So I ended up putting a bunch of stuff back ("I'd pay $3 for this dress. But $6?? No thank you."  Am so very very cheap).

But I'm really happy with what actually did make it home with me.

Belts! Thrift stores are the BEST places to get belts. When it's $2 or less I can totally afford to own a bright yellow one.

Robinson Crusoe is on my 2010 Classics list. I was going to just get it from the library but then I found this one. The dust jacket is a little beat up, but check out what's inside:

Pretty! Also:

Colored illustrations! I had to have it. Even though it was FOUR DOLLARS (highway robbery).

I also got a carafe. I can't help it, it's a sickness. I just love them. I have like seven now, it's kind of ridiculous.

My best find, though, was these:

Wes is all over these things. I put them on the shelf in the kitchen and he immediately pulled them down and hauled all 15 of them into the living room to look through.

We spent yesterday morning reading about dragons, dinosaurs, and dolphins (we spent a long time in the 'D' book) and airplanes and ants and giraffes (FAFFES MOMMY!!! FAAAFFESS!!) and there is still SO much more. The original set had 16 volumes but we're missing number 11 so I'll have to check ebay or something, but I'm very much patting myself on the back for this one.

This was Wes's favorite page, obviously.

6 comments:

heidikins said...

I am *totally* with you on the thrift-store belts. :)

xox

Isabel said...

Oh my gosh, I've never thought about getting belts at the thrift store. AWESOME.

Rita said...

What great finds Kayla! Olivia would love those encyclopedias. I should totally go thrift store shopping, I just don't think I have an eye for it.

Is it fall yet so we can hang out at the park again!

angela hardison said...

oh how i love goodwill. my home away from home.... haha! sad but true.

Janssen said...

i love you for calling it highway robbery.

Celia said...

I LOVE that Robinson Crusoe book. I found some of the set of Young Children's Encyclopedias at DI in Provo, but the dinosaur one was missing. Yay for your good finds!