New champagne colored silk flats from Rocket Dog. They are much prettier than this picture shows and I had high hopes but I left church with blisters last week.
I love flats.
Well, I want to love flats.
For some reason, flats and my feet do not mix. It doesn't matter what brand they are or how much I spend or what style they are, flats always beat the snot out of the back of my feet. If I wear flats I usually end the day bloodied.
Do I walk stupid? Are my feet weirdly shaped?
Does anyone else have this problem?? Or have suggestions for flats that won't make me long for my heels?
.jpg)





9 comments:
I totally have this problem with most flats. I have really narrow feet and the back of the shoe just kind of grabs my heel. The one thing that solves it without fail is to wear some type of hosiery. But who wants to do that in the summer? Alternatively, add an insole. Just the basic gel insole or whatever you like. I get the whole shoe kind, but the just the toe kind would probably work too. Sometimes you might have to buy your flats a little bigger for this to work. This helps me a lot. Best of luck.
I have the same problem. I just can't wear flats all day long. I've gotten to where I can make it through church with a broken in pair, but that's it. I have to wear the little nylon peds or even the ones that just cover the ball of my foot and that helps me a little. Even if they don't actually cover my heel, they seem to help. Maybe because they make the shoes less grabby on my foot? I don't know. But I feel your pain.
Yep, I have the same problem. I've come to the conclusion that it's the lack of any type of arch support that is the problem for me. Flats are just not comfortable (AT ALL!) to wear. I do have a very few that I can tolerate. Only from Aerosoles, where I know I can trust them to have arch support.
Good luck to you and your feet.
Yeah I can't wear flats for any length of time. They kill my feet. The girls in Sam's family wear them all the time. No idea how they do it.
I can't do flat at all--I can hardly walk in them without feeling uncomfortable. I've tried dozens of styles and brands--nothing. They still hurt. I can wear flat tie-up shoes like Converse or Pumas or something, but ballet flats are just painful.
Thus, I happily spend my pennies on heels.
xox
I love flats but shouldn't because I am short, but I also have the same problem so I just use Mole Skin. Its a sheet that's fuzzy/felt on one side and adhesive on the other. You cut it to the size and shape you want then stick it to your shoe so it no longer rubs. I do it on all of my shoes, not just flats and it works like a charm. You can buy it anywhere by bandages and things. Good Luck
I have the same problem for several weeks after I buy a new pair. Give them a chance until you beak them in. Honestly, I just use Band-aids on the blistery parts at firs. Not classy, but tolerable.
Mine only bother my right heels. And heels bother the ball of my right foot. Basically, my right foot sucks.
At least both your feet are mistreated equally by flats.
Count your lucky stars.
The cheap ones hurt my feet--TARGET. Tilly's sells Roxy flats...no pain there. I'll have to what other brands dont. Sometimes I put band-aids on my heels, just for protection and I'm pretty sure I've seen socks from GAP that u can wear with flats
Post a Comment