Friday, August 06, 2010
It's That Time Again
As happens like clockwork every year around this time, I am wanting Christmas.
I think I can blame Raquel, at least in part, since she already has us working on our aprons for her annual Christmas cookie exchange. I wasn't really feeling the Christmas spirit when I went fabric shopping but by the time I started putting it together I was dreaming of evergreen trees (I think we need to get a real tree this year) and sugar cookies (let's be honest, I'm ALWAYS dreaming of sugar) and making a stocking for my sweet baby Jones (actually, after I saw this, I decided we're ALL getting new stripey stockings this year).
And then I got asked to bring sugar cookies to a baby shower, which I hoped would get Christmas out of my system for a few more months. I spent 3 days mixing and chilling and rolling and icing. Aaaand now I'm dying to do it again with my Christmas cookie cutters. If anything, the sugar cookies made it WORSE.
Which is why this week I started my Christmas shopping and sewing and figuring out my wrapping for the year (stop looking at me like that. It's totally normal to put a ton of time and thought into your wrapping). August is a good a time as any, I say!
Jared, for once, is going to be easy this year. I'm totally getting him socks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I forgot about Christmas.
Great, one more thing to worry about.
Thanks! :-)
I think Christmas started last week for me. I somehow got to singing some songs and then this morning I popped in a Christmas CD in the car.
'Tis the season!
Post a Comment