Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can't Talk. Baking.


A couple weeks ago I made some sugar cookies for a baby shower. They turned out kinda pretty and fairly tasty and word got around and next thing I know I'm spending this week making a rather large number of cookies for a children's activity at church.

I was talking to my friend about how I was getting a little tired of rolling and cutting and she said, "And this is why I make mediocre things. No one ever thinks of ME when they need help with this kind of stuff."

After three days of rolling, cutting, baking and freezing I'm kind of starting to think mediocre is the way to go when it comes to sugar cookies.

And yes, I am blogging because I am procrastinating the last couple batches.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Um, hi. I'm a random person who reads your blog... I think maybe I saw you on Design Mom or something. Anyway don't be scared. I'm nice. :) And you're funny and I think I would like to be your friend in the real world if we ever met in person. Which we won't. Cause I live in New Mexico. I keep adding stuff because I don't want you to think I'm a crazy stalker! haha

And now to the purpose of my comment... I made a 3 tiered weddingesque cake for a YW activity once and people started asking me to make them for baptisms, birthday parties, relief society activities, whatever they felt like forever after that. So depressing because each cake takes several hours... anyway I TOTALLY feel you on this one. Mediocrity is really best.

Jeanelle said...

(Another sort of random commenter -- friend of Janssen's)

I'm with you!!! I made those same initial cookies for a bridal shower I gave last year for one of my former YW and it took forever (their initials and a plus sign) but oh they were cute. I want to be one of those people who shows up with a bag of rolls or a bottle of soda and not be embarrassed by that. But seriously? I will never feel right doing that and so, I bake nice things that people love. So what if my back hurts from all the dough-rolling, I'm sleep-deprived and my house is a mess, right???