Ok technically I'll be full term tomorrow but today is almost over (glory be) so let's just say I'm full term now, k? K.
I'm starting to get legitimately uncomfortable. This is new to me and I'm not real excited about it, especially since at my appointment today there were still zero signs that my body is ever planning on expelling this child and that means I could still be pregnant for five more weeks. FIVE. I might die. I've had a hard time finding enough things to fill my gratitude journal quota each day this week. I just keep thinking, "I'm FAT. I will be pregnant forEVER. I want CAKE." And then there is no cake. And I feel as though life is bleak and not really worth living because WHY is there no cake??
And then I usually throw my huge self at Aaron and whimper about cake for a few minutes while he sits there and awkwardly pats my back because DON'T ANGER THE PREGNANT WOMAN JUST MAKE COMFORTING NOISES AND SCRATCH HER BACK AND MAYBE SHE'LL GO AWAY. Plus he's weird and doesn't even care for cake all that much so he can't really relate to what I'm going through.
Have I mentioned that I'm sick? Or have allergies? Or something? Because I am. Or do. Or something. And I'm pretty sure that it should be illegal to get sick when you're 9 months pregnant except I'm not real sure who to take that petition to. But once I figure it out, boy howdy. Watch out. Unless I've gone into labor by then in which case I'll probably have forgotten all about it.
I will admit, though, that my house is clean and I reached my 2-weeks-of-dinners-in-the-freezer goal. I am Superwoman. I may be a really fat Superwoman who just spent 30 minutes fishing all the brownie bits out of a pint of Ben & Jerry's Brownie Cheesecake ice cream because it's kind of like cake, but still Superwoman.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
Yes, I have been pregnant every day of every pregnancy to full term (well, a week till my due date) and bad news those last few weeks are the worst, every day is harder, but that makes it all the easier to go through labor and all of that because you just want the baby outta there : )
Good luck! I wish I could bake you a cake.
At least you have your spa day tomorrow. And now I want to drive to your house and make cake. So maybe I will next week.
Just think about how when you have your baby, you will not sleep for more than two hours at a time without a WAHHHHHHH! I don't know how Wes is sleeping now, but we are still on a "waking up 10 times a night" kind of schedule. But I know, those last few weeks suck. And I wish you were here because then I would bring you cake from the bakery. I have like, unlimited, access to donuts, cake, cookies, etc. which we definitely don't need in this house.
Hmmmmm... what kind of cake in particular??
so sorry. the last month of pregnancy bites.
You can do it! It sounds to me like perhaps a midnight run (someone else, of course, as you should be relaxing) for some cake mix is in order. It may not be homemade, but at least it would be cake. P.S. You can do it!
full term AND hilarious. your posts always make me laugh.
pretty sure clint can relate to aaron because i've been whining non-stop too and all i ever want is sweets.
i ate ben&jerry's this week too. mint chocolate cookie is the best.
hahahahahahaha. i LOVE this post. Just... wow. I love it.
Ahh, Kayla. You made my day, or night, since it is almost midnight as I sit here in the silence, laughing to myself, eating ice cream, and remembering those last few weeks of fatness. I guess that's why I'm NOT pregnant right now. My baby is almost a year old now and I still can't forget the awkward, painful, heaviness of week 38-ish. Hang in there--you'll live. But in the meantime, thanks for making me laugh.
In cake news, if you want a really easy, delicious cake, this one takes about 5 minutes to whip up, and it makes an 8 by 8 pan worth, which is really good because then there's not TOO much cake for you to eat.
If I lived in AZ, I would make this for you right now.
Chocolate Snack Cake
1.5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 t white or cider vinegar
1/2 t vanilla
1 cup cold water
1. Heat oven to 350 grease 9 inch round pan or 8 inch square pan
2. Mix dry stuff
3. in a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, and vanilla until pretty blended, add to dry stuff
4. Add 1 cup water, mix until it's well blended (just use a spoon, you don't have to bust out anything fancy for this)
5. Cook for 30-35 minutes.
For the record, this makes good cupcakes too. I always frost it with this frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1.5 t vanilla
2-3 T milk (or so, just make it the right texture)
Maybe Jones is just waiting for some birthday cake to be born? It's worth a shot, right?
I just love this post. It is 100% how I feel at the end of pregnancy. Just love it, and I feel for you.
Man, I really miss being pregnant and craving crazy things and whining and acting abnormal and then saying, "It's the pregnancy hormones" when your husband thinks you're crazy. Now I still act the same way, but I try saying, "It's the post-pardum hormones." He doesn't buy it. I think I might really be crazy. I love your blog, and have I told you how cute your bangs are? LOVE THEM!!!
I wish I could make you some cake. Im not sure if its worse or better than last pregnancy when you really wanted things with melted cheese
Haha. I've felt like that before. This post brought a huge smile to my face. I always enjoy reading your blog!
Sorry, I started feeling that way just a day or two ago. I'm done. My ribs hurt and I'm getting too large to move! And I keep cleaning, paying the bills, organizing...thinking this could be my final day. I've decided I'm not going to do those things or be prepared, so maybe just come. What freezer dinners did you make? I made a few, but when I'm lazy I use them- usually once a week... terrible!! I have ONE left. I wont let myself use it.
Post a Comment