After reading
this article in the
March Ensign I finally started keeping a daily gratitude journal. It's one of those things I've been meaning to do for years but it just never happened. I bought myself an 89 cent polka dot notebook at the grocery store (since physically writing it down just seems so much more satisfying than typing it out) and gave myself a three item a day minimum. Every day my list gets longer and I find myself looking for things to be thankful for. On days like today it's nice to have a little something to help me focus on the good and the beautiful instead of the annoying.
From today's list:
- a clean house
- newly laundered sheets
- fresh strawberries
- warm, sunshiney days
- naptime
- comments on my 35 weeks pregnant tininess
- a mindless YA read
3 comments:
i need a gratitude journal. i'm a pessimist, so maybe it would help me to stay positive more often.
i want to take a bite out of those strawberries. yum.
I did something similar to this once. It was miracle journal. I tried to look for a miracle in each day. Sometimes it was something awesome like I was stressed out about a Relief Society training I had to prepare for and the phone rang, and it was someone checking to see if I needed help. Other days I had to search really hard to find a miracle, and I'd write something like, "I didn't kill my kids today." Sadly, I'm just not very good at sticking with things.
I think this is a great idea, and just like you, I need to to just DO it. But my question is, what do you constitute as a "clean house"? Please don't mean immaculate. =)
Post a Comment