I just booked myself a baby prep spa day. I will die if this baby decides to come before next Thursday (when I will officially be full term, by the way). I neeeed that massage! Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), as of my appointment yesterday my body has never heard of this thing you call 'labor' and laughs at your silly attempts to make it have the occasional contraction (2 miles on the treadmill, walking hard, and you might get a couple little ones). So odds are good that I'll make it.
You can bet "Booking a spa day" is in my gratitude journal for today. With multiple exclamation points.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Are you going to have another C-section?
I'm shooting for VBAC but at this point it pretty much all depends on whether or not I dilate on my own. When you're doing VBAC you're not a candidate for the gels so you have to at least dilate on your own before they can give you the pitocin if they need to induce. Ideally, I need to go into labor on my own before he gets so big that he stresses my incision.
But if my body never does anything then I have to have another csection. Boo.
Don't wish contractions upon yourself! You can have a perfectly normal, fine labor without any early contractions. I didn't have a single one until my water broke and then, oh boy, did I feel them. So glad I didn't have to deal with them pre-actual-labor. Best of luck in the home stretch!
I am so going to do the baby spa thing when I am huge. I am only 1/2 way there and not showing a ton, so I'll have to wait. But you're little one is almost here!
Sounds like a great idea to get that massage. I remember my last few days, a massage would have been a huge help!
Good luck with whatever happens!
Post a Comment