Thursday, March 18, 2010

Maternity Pictures, Two Ways

During my third trimester with Wes I had planned on doing some maternity shots but was waiting for my belly to get bigger. Except then I was leaking fluid so after 30 weeks it just kind of stopped growing and then he was born so...no belly shots.

So a few weeks ago I emailed Aaron at work and asked for an appointment. And I wasn't going to try and wait until 36 or 37 weeks because YOU NEVER KNOW.

Aaron wanted to do a kind of classic maternity studio shoot with dramatic lighting and lots of skin and I...kind of wanted to wear clothing. Maybe while frolicking in a field with Wes with sunshine and daisies or something (I obviously put a lot of thought into it). So we decided to do both.

The studio shoot turned out an entire album's worth of really solid pictures. We did them while Wes napped and were able to spend a lot of time playing with lights and stuff (which I think was Aaron's real reason for consenting to do them. He loves playing with lights but rarely has someone who will sit long enough for him to do so). The result is a bit skintastic but dramatic and pretty and technically well done.

And then Wes woke up and we got all dressed and headed out to this park with lovely green grass to try and get some more. Aaaaand we got like three. Wes refused to cooperate because MOMMY THERE'S A SLIDE OVER THERE WHY ARE WE OVER HERE I JUST WANT TO SLIIIIIDE WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME SAY CHEESE?? And I was kind of disappointed that my idea didn't work out nearly as well. Plus annoyed I didn't have some cowboy boots or something because they would have been perfect with my dress AND they wouldn't have sunk into the grass the way my heels did.

So here are a few if the acceptable ones that came from my shoot (note: they're straight out of the camera. They need a little Photoshop love):





To see the rest, go here.

And in case you don't want to see my (ridiculously pale) bare belly and shoulders, I put a couple from Aaron's shoot plus the link to the full gallery after the jump.





Full gallery here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty! so pretty.

Rita said...

Oh I love them. Especially the frolicking ones and I love your dress. These make me want to do some maternity pics. We were really impressed with the family pics that DM photo did for us.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. They all turned out amazing. It makes me miss my HUGE belly.

Whitings said...

Those turned out great! I LOVE, LOVE your hair by the way!!

Becca said...

I love these pictures, all of them. And you DO look like your mom!

Kristy said...

My first thought was, "funny that Aaron wants to do all scantily plad pics of Kayla while pregnant" and then I thought, "Oh, wait. Of course Aaron wants to do such a thing." Nice work all.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I love these. I wish I were married to a photographer. Because, come on, have you SEEN Tim's?