Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I Called It. Kind Of.

Back when I was doing my series on dressing for pregnancy I said the following:

"watch, I'll be wearing bedsheets around at 38 weeks because nothing I own fits"

Except that time came at 32.5 weeks instead of 38.

I've resorted to raiding Aaron's side of the closet because my belly hangs out the bottom of everything I own.

And today I actually plan on spending real live money on maternity clothes because I have to walk around holding my maternity jeans up lest they slide down to my knees and seeing as I am the mother of a 2 year old a pair of jeans that stay up is an absolute necessity. It's so weird, my shape is just different this time around. I weigh less now than I did with Wes and I'm not huge, but clothes just aren't fitting the way they did with him. I have become all torso. Even most of my maternity shirts aren't even long enough anymore.

Motherhood, here I come (rar).

9 comments:

Kristi said...

So, you're telling me that is one of Aaron's shirts? You rock it girl! It looks way cute! And you also rock the bangs. Way to go!

Elisa said...

Amen. Love the bangs.

Celia said...

You are definitely the most adorable (and trendy) pregnant woman I've seen. Hands down. I love the shirt!

Anonymous said...

the good news is that i won't be googling any pictures for this comment, because that picture rocks. love your face.

TheMoncurs said...

What Shawna? No pictures of pregnant hippie lumberjacks?? I'm kind of disappointed.

Unknown said...

Long undershirts are the only thing keeping my belly from hanging out...

After you go shopping, will you post pictures of your new stuff? I want to see!

Anonymous said...

google search for "pregnant lumberjack" returned no results. sorry dude :)

Anonymous said...

Hello - chic & pregnant in that plaid shirt! Love it!

Becky said...

I'm in the same boat...funny... stock piling food, amking freezer meals, belly hanging out (wondering what to do) and starting to buy post baby clothes again... I can't wait to wear my normal clothes again!!!

Hopefully peidcures next week.... we'll make this happen!!