Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life, Gestating, Etc.

Nikki STILL has not had her baby. GET OUT BABY. I have waited a very long time to be an auntie and you are being stubborn.


Today I am 33 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Wes was born at 33 weeks 6 days. If I make it through today I will be the most pregnant I have ever been (and considering there are absolutely zero signs he's planning on coming out today I think I can say odds are good I'll still be pregnant tomorrow). Woot!


I need a bang trim really really badly. I tried to give myself a little bitty trim just so I could see a bit better (I'm a bit shaggy dog-ish) until I could get a hold of my stylist but, as it turns out, I'm only capable of trimming the left half of my bangs. My eyes can't seem to focus on the other side. It's weird. Anyway, now I'm a lopsided shaggy dog.


Thanks to a very lovely friend of mine I have some slightly larger maternity clothes on loan that cover the entirety of my still rapidly growing belly. The only thing is that we tend toward very different colors. If you were to look in my closet you'd see: blue. And black and white. And probably some gray. I'm kind of boring like that. My friend dresses much more brightly. Which is how it came to be that I wore my first yellow shirt ever:

I had to document it for posterity, it was that momentous. I still doubt that you will EVER see me in orange though.


I'm getting a pedicure this week. I get shivers whenever I think about it.


I really really want to make this skirt for myself. Except I have no waist. Sigh. (I miss my waist!)


The post baby food preparations have started. I made and froze 3 half portions of this and two half portions of this today (along with putting another half of each in the fridge for dinners this week). I've come across bread on sale several times this week so I bought a few extra loaves and threw them in the freezer as well. I made some extra and froze these last week. I love knowing I have a small stockpile started and wish I had a much bigger freezer. Things are getting a little squished and I still have grand plans for several more dinners along with replenishing our store of bran muffins. I'm going to run out of room!

6 comments:

Rita said...

You look great in yellow, yay for big maternity clothes! Pedicures and bran muffins are two of my favorite things. I feel the same way lately about running out of room but I know my belly is going to get much much larger.

Anonymous said...

you can always ask raquel how to properly stock a freezer. that girl has freezer space management down to an art form :)

Janssen said...

I like you in yellow.

Also, I hope you don't plan on ME giving the pedicure. Because. . .I am not very awesome at those.

Unknown said...

It's good to see you in a different color. I think you should concider it for long term. At first glace the girraff looks like a pony tail. :) O and thank you Shawna, good to know some respects my freezer packing skills.

angela hardison said...

you look really good in yellow, so there.

also... do you know about alpine valley bread co? it's the bread they sell at sprouts. and they have their main location (alma school & southern i think? not sure because clint always goes for me). anyway, BEST BREAD EVER and it is seriously 50 cents to a dollar a loaf. all different kinds.

we buy it in bulk and freeze it.

it changed my life. :)

Anonymous said...

no prob raquel. but im not even your biggest fan, dan was so impressed with your freezer. he hasn't stopped talking about it :)