Monday, March 22, 2010

Waiting


Wes's present "from baby brother" is wrapped and ready.

My hospital bag is as packed as it can be and waits on my bathroom counter for my toothbrush.

The baby clothes are washed and hung.

Wes's overnight bag is done. All we need are his "beetees" (two favorite blankies) and he will be ready to spend a couple fun filled days with Grandma and Grandpa.

Thanks to a massive batch of gyoza I now have about 12 days worth of dinners in the freezer (hoping to have two weeks worth before go time. Not too far off!).




The car seat isn't exactly as installed as it will eventually need to be and we're still not entirely sure where the baby is going to sleep but otherwise? We're ready. Only 2-5 weeks to go!

5 comments:

Janell said...

Kayla, you rock. Seriously. And let me know when you want dinner, then you'll have one more meal not to stress over! (I never want to cook for like three months when I have a new baby. :)

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Wow, you are prepared! I did not pack my hospital bag until we left for the hospital at 1:00 am with Dax...but that's the way I work. Packing it early stresses me out! I'm going to try that gyoza, we love it!

Megan said...

Kayla, you put me to shame... I have done zero of those things! I better get crackin'!

Rita said...

You are so close! I love the gift idea to Wes from baby brother. I never thought about it until the lady I bought my double stroller from off craigslist gave me that tip too, it's a great idea.

TheMoncurs said...

Janell- thanks so much for being willing to bring us a meal! We're not ones to say no to extra help!

Shara- packing that LATE would stress me out! I would probably forget something really important. That gyoza recipe is really good. I used a pound of ground turkey just because that's what I had on hand and then put a teaspoon of filling in each wrapper (any more and they're too full for me to easily pleat) and I got 80. Plenty for several meals!

Megan- You've still got time! But it's nice to get the basics packed early so you can put some thought into what else you might want to bring (like I just realized I want to bring a bottle of sparkling cider to celebrate after he's born..how fun would it be to toast??).

Rita- I don't remember where I heard that tip from but I love the idea of trying to engender some goodwill from the get go. Plus I've been wanting to get Wes that truck for a few months and it gave me a reason :)