I pride myself on my minimalism. I'm not a hoarder or collector or pack rat. I'm pretty good about going through my closet every 6 months and tossing things I no longer want/wear/fit into. As soon as something breaks I'm honest to myself about whether or not I'll actually ever fix it and keep or toss accordingly (most recent toss: this plate. Thanks, Wes). We are generally low on junk around here.
I was bragging about this to Janssen today before I had to go digging around in my kitchen cupboards for something. And, in my digging I discovered three slow cookers, only one of which I knew I owned. I have zero recollection of acquiring the other two so odds are good that they've been sitting in the back of my cabinets for over four years now.
So much for being junkless. What ELSE is around here??
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You may just be surprised. In preparation for putting our house on the market we're dejunking - and oh - so - much - junk when you have four kiddos. Yikes.
I'm so sorry about your pretty plate! I love what I've seen of your home, btw.
I only wish I had the cupboard space in my kitchen to have two slow cookers I didn't know I had. :) As far as cleaning/de-junking, I am enjoying this blog lately that gives a daily "small things" challenge to keep your home in order. Small is good. I can do small. And sometimes, doing something small lights a fire and gets me motivated to do something bigger!
I admire your ability to be a minimalist. My husband is training me....but it's hard! What if I DO want to wear that skirt that's been in my closet for years and never been touched. I mean, it could happen.
Post a Comment