Anyone know how to get yellow crayon out of black upholstery? Fortunately, I already know how to get the makeup off the couch. It's just the crayon marks I have no experience with.
(he is in SO much trouble right now)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
About 20 years ago we got our first leather couch. The second day we had it Sam took a permanant marker to it. The cushions were only covered on one side......He was in SO much trouble that day - almost as much as when he cut ALL of Alli's hair off. However, hairspray did the trick. Still have the couch - not a mark on it.
Oh, I have heard that if you take a paper towel and a warm iron - put the paper towel on the crayon, put the iron over it, it will melt the crayon into the paper towel. I've also heard that if you freeze it by putting icecubes on it, it will crack and come up. good luck.
I heard somewhere that nylons will rub out almost anything. Any tricks for sharpie on wood?
http://www.ehow.com/how_2037666_crayon-stains-upholstery.html
One time, the kids I nannied for also used sharpies on the leather couch. Thank GOD it wasn't while I was watching them ....
Interestingly enough, dry erase marker gets out permanent marker on non-porous surfaces. Just write over the permanent marker with the dry erase, let it air dry for a minute or so, then wipe it off with a paper towel. Repeat if necessary.
Sorry, K, that doesn't help you, but the iron and paper towel trick works. Had to do it with candle wax before. Word to the wise: don't turn the paper towel over halfway through...just get a second one. I learned that the hard way (I'm not sure what I was thinking...)
Post a Comment