Monday, January 11, 2010

Snippets

My brain is a little scattered this morning. This is me throwing it all on my blog so maybe I can focus on one thing at a time:
_________________________________

Have you seen this blog?

http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/

This girl gave herself a budget of $365 and she is planning on going an entire year without doing any traditional shopping. Just thrift store finds that she sews/dyes/alters/etc. to make work. It's ridiculously inspiring and this one in particular is making me want to rush off to Goodwill because they always have these lovely old white shirts that are yellowed in spots and also huge and I can never make myself buy them. It's all making my fingers twitchy to alter or dye something (as luck would have it, I have a shirt that needs dying and a dress that needs altering...I should get on those).

_________________________________

I usually meal plan on Sunday and grocery shop on Monday. But this week I'm going to try to just work from our pantry and the bountiful basket we got on Saturday because I feel like between getting home from a two week vacation, a New Years get together, Wes's birthday and then his party I've done nothing but go to the grocery store over the last two weeks and I'm a bit tired of it. So it's a pantry sort of week.

_________________________________

Books on tape make me really productive. We have 1:30 church (gag) so yesterday morning I rolled up my sleeves, put on my head phones, and listened to the first 9 chapters of Jane Eyre while cleaning and mopping and laundering and putting my house back together after a pack of two year olds went through it on Saturday. My house is now shiny and sparkly and I made real progress on a book from my classics list. Not too shabby.

_________________________________

Aaron and I thought we had a baby name and it was one I suggested and then I was like, "...nevermind." So we're kind of back at square one. Also, we both saw my belly rolling from his movements last night. Creeeeepy. It's like Alien!

_________________________________

Yesterday I accidentally superglued an earring to my ear. It was very weird. Fortunately, it was easily remedied and my ear and the earring are none the worse for the wear.

_________________________________

This morning when I woke up my hair looked like Stands with a Fist's. It is time for deep conditioning and a trim, my friends.

(now I really want to watch that movie, it's been a long time)



Anyone else having a scatterbrained sort of Monday??



(also, we're selling our glider since I never use it. It's cheap! Craiglist post here)

3 comments:

Janell said...

I really need to start up with Bountiful Baskets again - thanks for the reminder!

Where do you get your books on tape?

My Monday is kind of scatterbrained, but I think it's because my Kindergartener is off for three days (parent-teacher conferences) and there's a bit of um, fighting, going on between the kids. And I just want a little bit of alone time to read and blog and is that so much to ask??? :)

Betty said...

how does one accidentally superglue anything to their ear? i think i need the full story on this one :)

TheMoncurs said...

Janell- We got out of the habit as well but are trying to get back into it, at least sometimes. I thought the offerings would be a bit sparse since it's winter and all but it was actually a really packed basket this week and I kind of remember why I stopped-it can be overwhelming! There's only 3 of us!

I get all my books from the library. And, actually, I've started getting all my audiobooks on playaway. I've been meaning to do a book blog post on that.


Nicole- I got a super cheap pair of cz studs from Target last week and fell in love. And the very next day the stone popped out of one of them. Turns out they pop in and out really easily. So Sunday morning I put a drop of superglue on each and let them dry for HOURS. Except somehow it didn't set up so when I went to put them on for church (again, HOURS later) they oozed glue and one ended up glued to my ear. I was able to peel it off pretty easily though, thank goodness!