All the presents that have arrived (waiting on two) are wrapped, tagged, and waiting patiently under my parents' tree.
Yesterday I made a triple batch of my favorite caramels and then told Aaron I'd watch Rocky IV with him if he'd help me wrap them. He was thinking that would mean 15 minutes of wrapping and then a nice evening watching Sly beat the Russian. Oh no. It took us the whole movie to wrap my massive batch. There was a lot of grumbling from the male half of this relationship. BUT!
Neighbor gifts are ready to go out:
I love these little white buckets from the $1 bin at Target. I love them even more with my leftover green tissue paper.Visiting teachee treats are ready:
Confession: I bought these Chinese takeout boxes from the $1 bin at Target LAST year for my girls...and never gave them anything. Or even visited, I think. So I'm already doing a WAY better job at visiting teaching this year.I was halfway through sewing two baby gifts when MY SEWING MACHINE DIED. I can't even explain to you how obnoxious this is to me. I use that thing all. the. time. My mom (whose machine it actually is) thinks a professional tune-up would fix it, so we'll see. But I don't have time to deal with that right now, so I finally got my hands on a friend's and I can get to finishing those and shipping them before we leave.
Also, am working on a much-requested a tutorial. But, you know, DEAD SEWING MACHINE. So we'll see if that actually happens before I go. It may have to wait until like..next year.
ALSO (wow, this just keeps going, doesn't it?) the nesting continues. I've been nesting for pretty much this entire pregnancy, I swear. Anyway, the newborn clothes have been hauled out, sorted, washed, and I'm about to head out and actually spend money on Baby 2 (which I have not yet done) by buying him hangers (!) and then carving out a small niche for him in Wes's closet. My hospital bag is started (as long as I was going through newborn clothes might as well pick something for him to wear home, right?) and I'm just dying to get to the point in this pregnancy where I can start freezing meals for after he comes home. Four and a half months is a little too far out still and it's killing me to wait a couple more months to start making soups and casseroles and whatnot. Which, by the way, I didn't even THINK about with Wes. My pregnancies have been SO different, it's crazy.
PS to my fellow pregnant women. Or other women who like soft stretchy clothing:
This skirt? Is music to my pregnant soul. Except I'm really annoyed that I paid $15 at the actual store and it's only $10 on the website. Anyway, today I'm wearing it (with the folded part up over the belly, obviously) with some nice warm leggings and this shirt in the blue stripey pattern. Which is $10 on the website but was $8 in the store (I got 3). In any event, what I'm saying is: Old Navy has some nice stretchy belly friendly type clothes right now in the non-maternity area so you can wear it now AND later. Which is my favorite kind of maternity clothing.
Plus if you use Ebates you get TEN PERCENT back from Old Navy if you order online. If you don't know about Ebates then go read Janssen's post about it because this is already getting way too long for something that was just supposed to be a short stupid update about what's going on in my life. Except um, if you sign up and want to give ME the referral instead of Janssen (love you Janssen!) my email is KaylaMoncur at gmail dot com. Or you can give it to her. I won't be bitter.
*we have people watching the house. Seriously. Don't even think about it. Plus anything of value will either be with us or stored elsewhere, SO THERE.





6 comments:
SEVEN HUNDRED POSTS! I'm super impressed.
Also, you are the pregnancy wear guru. Shall turn to you in my times of need.
Please provide me with more pregnancy wear advice. I would go and buy 5 of those stretchy skirts right now if it wasn't 3 weeks from Christmas and I've been banned from buying ANYTHING for myself. Maybe they'll be even cheaper AFTER Christmas...here's hoping.
i own that skirt in 4 different colors. its the best.
Had the same stretchy skirt in brown and wore it all the way until I arrived at the hospital! It was definitely a fav. Cool during the summer and super comfy. Good recommendation. Although, but the end of my pregnancy, I was rather excited not to wear it any more.
I just ran out and stocked up on those cute Target buckets. So cute.
I've never heard of Ebates until now! I just signed up--used your gmail :) Enjoy the $5 referral!
The only problem is that it KILLS me that I already bought plane tickets AND all of my Christmas presents before signing up. SO I might slightly hate ebates for a little while.
Post a Comment