Yesterday Janssen wrote me an email which she finished by saying, "Any good stories to tell me? You know you want to."
She was right, of course. So, I reached back into the vault and pulled out this little lovely:
After I moved here when I was 14 my very first friend was Laura. We were pretty much surgically attached at the hip for several years. This meant that I was invited on a lot of her family vacations.
Every year they spent spring break in Rocky Point, Mexico and starting my freshman year, I went with them.
The year I turned 15 it was particularly cold and windy for the week we were down there. It was our last night and we were hanging out in the hot tub. The swimsuit I brought had developed a hole the day before and I was wearing a borrowed tankini top.
Eventually we were joined by three older boys whom we quickly discovered were freshly returned missionaries. They were just bumming around for a few weeks before they had to return to real life.
We chatted for a while before realizing that we were slowly boiling alive in the hot tub. The hotel people must have cranked up the temperature a bit to compensate for the colder temperatures that week.
Laura and I proposed a quick dip in the pool to cool off. The guys declined (the pool was icy) but we decided to go for it anyway. We ran to the other side of the pool and dove in. The water felt nice after the hot tub, but not nice enough to stick around in. I couldn't feel my extremities before we were even halfway across.
We popped up on the other side of the pool where the 3 boys were standing. It took me a few seconds to realize that the left side of my swimsuit had made a run for the border and I was flashing some numb underage boob.
I'm fairly sure that I just played it off but inside I was horrified. Still am, actually. I was 15! They were 21! And fresh off their missions to boot! If they enjoyed that then..gross and weird. But if they didn't enjoy that then..also gross and very awkward. Well, awkward either way.
But as I was writing this story to Janssen I realized something. When Aaron was 21 I was (you guessed it) 15. I was flashing boys who were the same age as my future husband. Which makes things feel slightly more awkward. Aaron likes when I flash him now, but when I was 15 and he was 21...ew. The age difference gets a little squicky sometimes.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Very funny story. I'm glad you like my hair. It's been bugging me lately, so the affirmation is good. Also, don't think it's all great because I deleted many pictures where it was blowing wildly in my eys! Thanks any way!
Oh dear! You know they were like, "um...dude, is that her boob?" Not knowing where to look or what to say, that IS horrifying!
haha, I like your random stories. Thats funny that you were only FIFTEEN when Aaron returned from his mission!!!!
You have the greatest stories and I didn't know Aaron was...OLD, like us!!
Post a Comment