I've been meaning to blog about this for a while but just haven't gotten around to it. It's on my mind today though, so I'm finally passing this along!
My mom used to get these weekly emails called "Sister Savings" about all the sales and markdowns at the local grocery stores. The intent is to help you with your food storage (or money saving) goals. The mailing list got so big that the anonymous lady who runs it finally started a website.
Each week, this lady puts together a printable spreadsheet with all the good sales at Albertsons, Bashas, Frys, Safeway, Sprouts, and Food City. If you're willing to grocery store hop, you can end up saving quite a bit of money on groceries (and putting the money into your savings account!). If you're good with coupons you can save yourself even more (where do people even get coupons?).
You can find Sister Savings here.
It's currently only available for Arizona grocery stores, but she is working on a list for Utah as well. I haven't really used it before (I don't like saving money, apparently) but now that Wes is here and I'm not working and money is a little scarcer, I need to be a lot more conscientious about our spending. Stuff like this really helps when you have a kind of tight budget!
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
We live right by a new Wal-Mart, and despite the fact that you can get just about everything cheaper there... I don't go there anymore. I just can't do it.
I mostly blame this on the fact that THREE times in a row, I was stuck waiting in line behind a Sister Savings Mormon Mom (SSMM) who proudly held her weekly list of savings. Wal-Mart price matches, and so the cashier has to go through the price for every single item in the cart that's on sale at a different grocery store. Really annoying for an impatient person like me. And the other 10 people in line behind me.
Also, I don't really understand grocery store hopping. My sister is an accountant and literally drives across town for cheaper groceries. With high gas prices, does it really even save money? Seriously.
For me, I'll take convenience over saving 5 dollars and use all the time I save to work and make more money. Or something like that.
Can you tell I'm passionate about this? :)
Your friend above was probably behind ME!:P I print out a shopping list online from ALL of the grocery stores with the itmes that I want usually 3-5 items per store and they I head to Wal-Mart. I try to organize myself on the convayer belt so as to not take up too much time...I'm pretty good at it by now! I also use coupons (which you get in the Sunday paper) and I save us about $20 each WEEK! Wahoo for me! I admit, it's kind of fun! HOW SAD FOR ME!:P
I love SISTER SAVINGS. I used to forward all the emails out too...but now I just go to the website and LOVE it (Jesse Larson, who does it is a good friend, she's probably in your mom's stake)!
I don't shop at Wal-mart too much, if they doubled coupons I might consider, but I save more at Fry's and the others that do!
Jesse Larson does not prepare the Sister Savings Sales. She simply forwarded the weekly emails she received from someone else.
Post a Comment