Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Redoing the master bedroom has put me in a spring cleaning type of mood. I have been sorting through my closet, drawers, and shelves trying to get rid of as much as possible and de-clutter my life. For 2 people in their twenties (and a 2 month old) we have a LOT of crap.

I was wandering around MarthaStewart.com this week and ran across this printable spring cleaning checklist. It's far more detailed than I would have thought to be (this is why we keep Martha around) and I'm inspired to deep clean my house over the next few months. It really needs it.

Tonight I got started by pulling all the books off our built-in bookshelves and giving the whole thing a good washing. Then, having recently read this little post over at Domino, I completely rearranged everything as I put my books back. Now my bookshelves are pretty as well as functional and I have a big pile of books to donate. Which is good because I need to make room for the new additions that are currently on their way.

Speaking of which, I just discovered Amazon's 4-for-3. You choose any 4 books from their (100,000 book long) approved list and you get the cheapest one free. All the books are under $10. Throw in free shipping and sign me up baby. I ordered Atonement and The Other Boleyn Girl because I want to see the movies eventually and Persuasion and Pride & Prejudice because, for some unimaginable reason, I haven't read either. And yes, I do like period romance novels, why do you ask?

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love deep cleaning, unfortunately my house doesn't stay 'clean' for more than a few hours....such is life!!! And Amazon is my favorite place, they have the BEST deals. Esp. at Christmas.

check out this site: www.vickisdeals.com
She is a huge fan of Amazon and runs their deals alot, as well as baby deals.

Janssen said...

Wow, this all sounds fun. You can come organize my house if you want too. In fact, you can just come over - no need to clean :)

Becca said...

Persuasion. Is the best.

Lonica said...

I love Pride and Prejudice! I'll have to check out that deal on Amazon. Lately thought, what with being the wife of a student, Ive reverted back to a very addictive library habit. Spare cash for books is rather limited at the time... bummer.