See the grand master plan here.Yay, one part finished! I'll be honest, half the fun of doing these projects is documenting them for the blog. Even if the photography is terrible because I was using the point and shoot and refusing to use the flash.
But anyway, here's how it went:

Sorry, really dark. This is my $20 canvas from Big Lots. When I was buying it the cashier was like, "Oh my! That is so beautiful! What gorgeous art!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that I would be painting over it within 2 minutes of getting it home.

Peeling the paper from the back

Getting ready to paint

Since I had white and brown paint on hand I just mixed my own color. I was going for a light tannish color, but ended up with like...a non color. It's gray/purple/tan/blue/pink/something. I like it though.

And of course, got paint on the floor within like 3 seconds of starting. Fortunately, I know from experience that I can scrape it off with a flat screwdriver if it dries before I notice it.

Letting it dry overnight.

Installing the lights. The people in Blueprint who came up with the project used craft glue to install their lights. The lady I found who copied them didn't use glue at all. I don't know how either of these solutions would have worked (the craft glue would have taken for.ev.er to dry and I wasn't going to sit there and hold each of the 150 light while the glue dried). The lights would have rather DIED than stay where I wanted them to go. It took a lot of wrestling to get them into the dots I mapped out. And lots of hot glue.

Done!
I wanted to paint this week and even started prepping the room, but alas, it looks like I will spend this week caring for my sick baby instead. And possibly my sick self seeing as I am directly in the line of fire when he coughs and he's not super good about covering his mouth since he doesn't have control over his hands yet. Probably have to move that to next week.
I did, however, find good branches for the curtain rod and jewelry stand. One of my parents' grapefruit trees has some good and dead branches that ended up suiting me just fine. I got to use a
sawzall. I didn't have my camera, but believe you me, I totally looked like I knew what I was doing.
3 comments:
That looks super duper cool!!! I wasn't so sure about your branch idea, until I saw the pictures below, but I LOVE it now! That will look really pretty. I think you also need to stick a little bird on it. But thats just me.
That's so cute. I'm jealous.
You are super creative!! Funny you painted over that...and the cashiers comment, that makes me laugh! I feel so badly, Wes is sick?!! So sad! Get well!!!
And a sawzall...I'm impressed!!
Post a Comment