On my way home from work today I got bitten by the shopping bug and just had to go to Mervyn's. I pass it every day to and from work, but I'm rarely tempted to even peek inside. Today, there was nothing I could do. I had the thought and next thing I knew I was looking at sweaters.
Lessons I taught myself today while shopping:
1. It doesn't matter how beautiful they are or how much you want them, you still have absolutely nothing to wear with those gorgeous green suede heels. Buying them would be silly. Try to focus on the practical black and brown ones with sensible heels that match 97% of what is hanging in your closet.
2. Just because there aren't any smalls on the rack doesn't mean you are no longer a small. Don't bother trying on the medium "just to see." It's still too big. Save yourself a lot of time in the dressing room by just accepting the fact that there are never enough smalls and a medium won't cut it. Possibly write a very polite letter to Mervyn's mentioning how they are clearly overestimating the weight of their clientele.
3. Just because a shirt is only $6 does not mean it will look good on you. The fact that it's marked down that far probably means that it will look terrible. Just accept that you will probably never find a $6 shirt that flatters you. Try to come to terms with the fact that that $50 sweater looks fabulous and you can't have it.
4. Shopping for dresses is fruitless. Just give up the search. You will never find one that is modest, pretty, affordable, and fits. Stop being so demanding.
In other news, it was my friend Shawna's birthday today so I took her out to lunch. We went to Oregano's over by ASU and had a very lovely time eating pizza out on the patio. It was a little chilly today but they seated us right by an outdoor heater, so it was the perfect temperature. Because it was her birthday, they gave her a free dessert, this beautiful warm cookie with ice cream and chocolate chips. They had a special name for it, but it was really a cookie sundae. Oh, it was heavenly!
I'm getting really excited for Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Pizookie... the pizza cookie!
Post a Comment