As promised: pictures!

On Thanksgiving day we hiked with Jeremy's singles' ward to the (looks up spelling...) Makapu'u lighthouse. Turns out there's a spot almost at the top where you can hike down the cliff and at the bottom there are these awesome tidepools and this amazing blowhole.

The blow hole was kind of frightening..it was super loud and really strong. It was probably the biggest I've ever seen, but I faced my fear and confronted the beast.

I did not, however, play with it. Jeremy and Brett did, but I chose life instead. There was this guy with our group who was insisting that this blowhole killed a girl recently. I'm not really sure how that might happen or if it was even true, but I didn't really want to find out. I was pretty sure the blowhole could take out my eye and I happen to be very fond of my eyes.

We went swimming in the tide pools, which was awesome. Unfortunately, no one told me there might be swimming, so I had to swim in my clothes. Salt+water+humidity that makes it so your clothes don't dry=very uncomfortable hike back to the car. But it really was a perfect day. The sun was shining, the skies were clear, the water was a beautiful blue, and we got to hang out with Jeremy and Brett. I wish we had taken a picture of the place we hiked down to get to the tide pools, it was a very intimidating looking drop. The hike was easier than it looked, but we were both a little sore the next couple days.
1 comment:
That Makapu'u hike is really nice and if your lucky you can see humpback whales this time of year. Oh yeah, and it's true that a girl died a while back at the blow holes but not sure which one.
Post a Comment