Friday, December 22, 2006

Oh Thou Child of Hell

I was rudely interrupted from a blissful drive home with my sweet wife as I drove through an intersection a few weeks ago by a blinding flash. It seemed like a multitude of disco lights had been dropped all around our car and then it hit me - photo ticket. Blasted photo ticket. I swear I made it into the intersection before the light turned red. I actually received my first ticket ever 22 months ago (and OF COURSE you can only go to traffic school once every 24 months in order to ensure no points are added to your driving record), and when I attended driving school they told us that these photo ticketing cameras actually cost the city several thousands of dollars each month to maintain. I don't buy it. It's just another way the government milks money out of us (by the way, I received a very generous bonus from my employer, PADT, this week - and the government was just as generous in removing "their" share of it. Can you believe that? Another reason I need to become a business owner and avoid taxes). Anyway, is there anyone out there who has had luck beating these things? If you show up at your appointed court date and beg for mercy and point out how you're a great citizen and have a mostly clean driving record, is the fine at least reduced? I know there are other victims out there. Help a brother out.

-Aaron

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've heard that they only send tickets to about 1 in 4 of the photos they take... so hopefully you're not the unlucky one :)

TheMoncurs said...

I've already received my ticket

Anonymous said...

yar, thats no good. you can always just tell them its not you. "no, sir, i dont know who that strange man is driving my car with my wife..."