Because I'm giving you yet another fabulous Christmas gift.
My love for 24 is surpassed by very few things. Phantom of the Opera is one of them. I love the newer movie, and I am a shameless fan of Gerard Butler (I totally would have chosen him over that wuss Raoul), but there is only one true Phantom. And his name is Michael Crawford. If I had to pick one activity to do for the rest of eternity, I would pick "listening to Michael Crawford sing." Seriously.
2 other things that quite possibly surpass my love of 24 are the song O Holy Night and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I love every single version ever sung of O Holy Night (Josh Groban? I wouldn't be surprised if God decided this version was too pure for the earth and decided to take it up to heaven. Celine Dion? I'm pretty sure I hear angels in the background. Christina Aguilera? She's a ho, but MAN I love that song! You get the point). And the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...if you have never found yourself closing your eyes and conducting to Christmas Eve/Sarajevo, you have never truly lived. It's almost like Christmas music was CREATED solely that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra may eventually play it.
Knowing this, can you even imagine what I felt when I discovered the Michael Crawford sings a version of O Holy Night accompanied by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Let that sink in. Michael Crawford. O Holy Night. Trans-Siberian Orchestra. A trifecta of perfection. I almost fell over with despair when I realized that I had been previously unaware of this perfect song's existence.
And so, my true Christmas gift to you, dear people who read my blog (whoever you are. I know you're out there because my site counter keeps going up), is this link. Yes, it requires a small download, but you can enjoy this song for free 24 times each month. If you need more, you just have to pay a small fee for an upgrade. I'm also pretty sure it's worth the 99 cents it costs on iTunes. I have yet to actually buy music in the iTunes store, but I'm pretty sure this needs to be on my iPod so I fully intend to fork over my hard earned cash for my very own copy.
I suggest listening to it alone or at least while around people who won't judge you for throwing your arms out, closing your eyes, and singing along as he starts singing the Noels at the end. You know you do it too.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment