Monday, December 18, 2006

Drugged

Since I'm still coming back from the brink of death, I'm still medicating with Tylenol day and night liquid blue loveliness. I'm not sure exactly what they are called, but you can buy them both at Fry's and they fix me up real nice. The only downside is that the nighttime one knocks me out for a solid 10-11 hours (only a bad thing when I take it at 11pm and I have to wake up at 7am for work) and the daytime one makes me kinda loopy and makes it hard for me to focus my eyes (only a bad thing when I'm not at home watching sci fi movies). I kind of have [Captain] Jack Sparrow eyes going on while I try and figure out what I'm looking at.

So, this morning, I had a very difficult time waking up, seeing as I had only gotten about 8 hours of sleep instead of the 11 Tylenol nighttime requires. I stumbled into work only slightly more coherent than I was when I rolled out of bed. There were 2 people in the conference room. One was my dad, the other I didn't recognize right off and couldn't focus on well enough to identify. I got the vague impression of a bull frog. With woman's hair. Maybe a lunch lady? Do we need a lunch lady? We usually go out to lunch. Meh. Stumble into my office, delete e-mails I don't feel like reading, contemplate napping under my desk. Tracy says she thinks the lunch lady's name is Roberta. I giggle because of COURSE the lunch lady's name is Roberta! What else would a lunch lady be named? Tracy says she thinks Roberta is interviewing for the bookkeeping position. I'm confused. Why would a lunch lady want to be our accountant? Wander over to office manager's office. Get sidetracked by fuzz on the carpet. Contemplate napping on the kitchen counter. Decide it would be too cold. Remember where I was going and shuffle into office manager's office. She can't remember the lady's name..starts with R (I giggle)...she's my dad's cousin. Oh. I stop giggling. I poke my head out her door and squint at the visitor. Focus..focus... Ahhh yes. R* (not even close to Roberta), my dad's cousin! Definitely not a lunch lady. Or a bull frog, for that matter. Is she a bookkeeper? Doesn't she have only one eye? Wait, no..that's her husband. Car accident. Though, even if she did have only one eye, she could still be an accountant.

Now that the meds have had a few more hours to wear off, I have come to the conclusion that I should never drink alcohol. And I should probably lay off the Tylenol.

No comments: