Saturday, December 02, 2006

Hawaii 2

Unfortunately we didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. We forgot the camera at the house the day we went to go body boarding (well, the day Aaron went body boarding and the day I sat on the beach and read The Kite Runner. An excellent read, I highly recommend it). Fortunately, we did bring it with us the day we went to hang out on the North Shore.

My feet at the North Shore.

I made a friend!!

My crabby friend. It was fate..the beach in front of us was so pristine, there was just nothing on it, no shells, no seaweed, nothing. The waves kept coming up and washing even all the footprints away, so it was just so picture perfect postcard looking. All of a sudden a wave came up and deposited this crab pretty much at our feet. It was a sign. We were meant to be friends. A couple waves later, he returned to the sea, but we'll always have Pipeline.

Aaron pondering the waves. I got another really awesome picture of him watching the water but we think he accidentally deleted it. Oh well. It was a pretty decent day at Pipeline and we spent a long time sitting on the beach watching the surfers and the waves. Aaron got some pretty good pictures of the surfers. I was amazed at some of those guys. The waves were definitely in the category I like to call "freakin' scary big" and there were kids who were probably only like 9 or 10 years old diving right in there and surfing with the big boys. They were fearless and I was biting my nails every time one of the little ones ate it.

We also got to take some family pictures while we were there, so once I get a print or two maybe I'll post those.

Also, in church on Sunday I got to sing the goodbye song. You know, that one everyone knows, but only knows the Aloha o'e part. There's a reason for that, the rest of it is basically unpronounceable. Crazy Hawaiians and their ks and vowels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go! And I want a crabby friend, dangit! (I accidentally typed "crappy" first...oops?)