Thursday, November 09, 2006

People With Too Much Time On Their Hands

A lot of the advertising I do for work involves Craigslist and various other websites. I post quite a bit on Craigslist because a lot of people use it. Today, though, I got a very interesting e-mail regarding one of my posts. I've copied and pasted it here for your reading pleasure:

"Congratulations: You're a Craigslist Clogger!
Wow I'm like sooooo excited about this home for sale. Just look at this typical overpriced home or average pirced home. So where's the deal dude??? Please post tons more at full blown prices. This is funny. Plus you get to clog up Criagslist with comm'on overpriced homes that sit for 2 years. If you want you can send me a return e-mail saying you sell homes on Craigslist all the time. Then I return your e-mail saying your full of [redacted].
Point is:
Your clogging Craigslist up with boring crap dude. Keep posting no-nonsence postings and your gonna get tons more e-mails like this. Post a bargin or don't post at all."

Ok, for one, common doesn't have an apostrophe. In "priced" the r comes before the i, and nonsense has another s at the end. Not to mention the ugly grammatical structure and atrocious incorrect use of your. This e-mail made the English language lover in me shudder.

Spelling, grammer, and occasional punctuation errors aside, who IS this person? Who died and made them the Craigslist police? I don't care that they think the home is overpriced (it isn't) or that it's nothing special (actually, it's a really pretty house and I like it alot), but I do care that they had the audacity to send me such a scathing e-mail. I'd like to think this person is fat, ugly, lonely, and his only joy comes from trying to make others as miserable as he is. In which case I'd feel sorry for him, but...I'm not that charitable.

I wrote back and told him to get a life.

3 comments:

N.F. said...

The more people I talk with--the more people I hear mention Craigslist for EVERYTHING.

Travis, Kristy, and Malachi said...

I must say Craiglist is the best! Forget this Craigslist hater, he's probably just jelous because he wanted to have the highest post total. Sorry if my spelling and grammer is off.

Anonymous said...

Haha I wasn't really expecting you to comment on the grammar and spelling, but as I was reading through it, I was thinking "Wow, this person needs to take an English class."