Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Not Quite Sweet Revenge...

So, in another Office episode, Dwight reaches into his desk drawer and pulls out a jello mold. With his stapler in it. So, I figured the old stapler-in-the-Jello-mold would be a funny thing to stick on Gary's desk this morning. But, since I'm kind of afraid that a stapler would no longer work once it was submerged in Jello for any period of time, I went to the store last night and bought one and some Jello. I mixed up the Jello, popped the stapler in, and let it chill over night.

Turns out I'm not very good at making stapler Jello molds.


My mold kind of fell apart. And, inexplicably, the stapler very adamantly stuck to the bowl. I'm going to try again tomorrow, maybe with some colored layers and a bigger mold.

In other Office news, last night I dreamt I was Pam dreaming of Jim. Kind of trippy, but it was kind of like directing an episode and I got to make Pam say all the things to Jim I've been wanting her to say ever since day 1. It was really satisfying. Like the last episode of last season before Pam rejected him. There may have been a car chase in Dwight's car as well, but I only vaguely remember that part.

3 comments:

Novel Concept said...

oh man, this is amazing.

I recommend waiting until the jello has hardened a bit before adding the stapler...or trying to use a mini stapler--at least that one might float.

Congrats on the ipod too, by the way.

TheMoncurs said...

I actually did use a mini stapler...it sank like a rock! i'm going to have to do the 2 layer thing.

Cricket said...

Did you do it yet? Here's my 2 cents: use less water to make the jello thicker (follow the Jigglers recipe)and then pour like 1/3 into the mold and let it sen, and then put the stapler on it and then pour the rest over it all.

Good luck!