Da Pidgin Ten Commandments Hawai'ian Style
1. God is numbah one.
2. No make da kine statues.
3. Watch yo’ mout. No swea with God’s name.
4. On Sunday, no can do notting.
5. Leesen to yo’ muddah and yo’ fuddah.
6. No murder nobody.
7. No go moemoe with yo’ bradah’s wahine.
8. No cockaroach notting.
9. No lie, brah!
10. No be jealous one noddah person’s stuffs.
Oh, an one noddah ting… no talk stink about nobody.
My favorite is number 7..I think I'm going to start calling it moemoe.I've noticted that the pidgin starts to rub off on me and all of a sudden I'm adding, "ya" to the end of everything and dropping rs. Maybe it was a good thing this trip was so short, I left with my English skills mostly intact.





1 comment:
i read number 7 and laughed really hard. i love it.
Post a Comment