Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Good vs Evil

I often have small periods of time at work in which there is no work to do. I fill these gaps with CNN.com. I have a kind of love/hate relationship with the news. I love it when it makes me feel good about the world and I hate it when it makes me feel like our future is too bleak to comprehend. And so, for your reading pleasure (just in case you're board at work too), I give you:

The Good:
  • Fraggle Rock is going to be made into a movie! I grew up watching Fraggle Rock and then was really excited as a teenager when whoevertheywere did a punk cover of the theme song, so heaven knows I'll be seeing that movie!
  • A Colorado town awoke to streets filled with intact pumpkins. Hooray for the Halloween spirit and not making a huge mess with smashed pumpkins!
  • A manatee swam to Memphis. Experts are a little confused about why he chose Memphis, but I know a fellow Elvis fan when I see one.

The Bad:
  • The Chinese are refusing free hugs. What is this world coming to??
  • Donald Trump is in trouble for erecting an American flag in his yard. Say it with me: Huh?
  • Tupperware has become an art form. Heaven help us all.
Ok so obviously I avoided posting the articles about death, politics, and Iraq (the fact that people refuse hugs is depressing enough). Hope everyone is having a most excellent Wednesday!

1 comment:

N.F. said...

I have CNN.com stuff on my iPod. But, I just can't find time to listen to the news blurbs. I have a hard time finding news sources that aren't completely biased......How do you feel CNN fares?