Monday, October 05, 2009

Things I Am Thankful for Today

1. Soft baby skin. I'm not sure I can bear to put clothes on him today..he's just too soft and squishy and I have to keep grabbing him and squeezing him and blowing raspberries on his round little belly.

2. According to Weather.com it is 69 degrees outside. SIXTY NINE. It's still really toasty inside our house, but I could actually OPEN THE WINDOWS to remedy that (for the record, I would put clothes on Wes lest he freeze in the practically subzero weather)

3. Halloween is 26 days away!

4. I feel good enough this morning to bust out the carpet cleaner before our play group tomorrow. Which, believe me, is totally necessary.

(-1. Dang it, one of my nails just broke)

5. Conference this weekend was so wonderful. Even after 8 hours of church over two days I still feel a little sad when the Sunday afternoon session comes to a close.

6. I found a Cribbage app for my iPhone. My mom usually kicks my trash when we play but now I am so going to be ready for her.

7. I found a fantastic pair of slouchy gray suede boots this weekend and even if it heats up to the 90s today, I'm still going to wear them. Probably while cleaning my carpets.


Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

Caitlin Carroll said...

Mmmmm, baby skin. I love it too. Unfortunately it's too cold to go sans clothing in this apartment but I sure do enjoy the after-bath lotion rubdown.

heidikins said...

...it's snowing today (+1)

...I do not have gray slouchy boots (-1)

xox

mominaz said...

I'll let you get some practice in, then bring on the cribbage board, girl!

iheartmesa said...

Thank you for the heads up on the baby lapsit. I try to be informed, but it is so much better when people add comments.

I'm glad that it seems like you are feeling better. Blah for the pregnancy sicklies. That is one thing I won't complain about being pregnant with twins. I have 4 kids, 2 pregnancies. Nope, not complaining.