I haven't thrown up since Monday. That's a really really long time for this pregnancy. I don't feel markedly better, but I prefer just plain sick to sick plus vomiting. It's easier on my tooth enamel.
Wes hates Halloween costumes. If it's beyond a basic shirt and shorts then he wants nothing to do with it. So basically he'll be wearing a shirt and shorts. Hint as to what we're going as this year: I'll be wearing a muumuu and plastic lei.
I found the most AWESOME muumuu at Goodwill today.
As it turns out, we have a big time ABBA fan in the house. Hint: it's not me or Aaron.
Wes will probably be getting the Mamma Mia soundtrack for Christmas.
I felt really good yesterday and cleaned my house for the first time since...conception. It's amazing what a difference a clean house makes.
Did I tell you I went to Washington DC? I went to Washington DC. Wes wasn't supposed to come but then he did and he got his picture taken with the Very Hungry Caterpillar at the National Book Festival. The trip was really really awesome (fact: I did not throw up in the Smithsonian) but I don't feel like writing about it because I am toooo lazy to upload pictures and what's a travelogue without pictures? But! I did see the giant squid.
Did I tell you I went to Mexico? I went to Mexico. And if you're from Mesa you're probably a fan of Tacos del Chino but know not where to find him these days since he moved from Old Port. My friends: I have found Chino. I have mapped his exact location for your next Rocky Point trip (fair warning: it involves the following direction- "when you see the blue house, turn right" because none of the streets within a half mile of Chino are labeled). I will post about it someday soon and also about how I got laughed at in a juice bar on a dirt road while trying to find him by people who I think were possibly running a competing taco stand.
My Spanish is embarrassingly bad these days.
Wes has stopped imitating my vomit noises in favor of singing "mama mama!" which, near as I can figure, is toddler speak for "Mamma mia! Here I go again!" Oh yes.
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I miiiiiisssss you.
It's almost worse to have seen you. But you should still come out right now.
OK, that's all well and good, but I need you to upload those photos so I can do MY journal!
Peter is a huge ABBA fan. Or rather, a preschool sized fan who loves them a lot. He is the reason we bought the Mamma Mia soundtrack. Note: Please don't buy the movie soundtrack unless you have a deep and abiding love for Peirce Brosnon. Go for the London cast. Your ears will thank you.
Also, National Book Festival? Yes, I believe I'm wildly jealous.
How exciting that you went to the National Book Festival! Definitely some jealousy here too.
And ABBA, oh yes. My kids are BIG fans, which we discovered when we started having "dance time" before their bed time every night. They requested "Money, Money, Money," "Super Trouper," and "Take a Chance on Me," over and over and over until Jeff and I were SICK of it.
So glad you're feeling a bit better!
You're pregnant! That's great! Congratulations!
Aah! I can't believe I missed the National Book Festival. We were at the Mall when they were setting up for it and I told Megan I would look up the details when we got home and I FORGOT... Lame-O me.
My kids absolutely LOVE the Mamma Mia soundtrack. All 3 of them.
I hope you feel better. Pregnancy sucks! Good thing we get rewarded for it with such awesome kids.
Post a Comment