Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mini Flu

Yesterday my mom happened to drive by one of our many local Wal Marts and noticed that they had H1N1 vaccines available. She called me and we immediately threw Wes in the car and headed over.

We waited in line for almost 2 hours. Fortunately, they still had plenty of their 500 doses left and Wes and I were both able to get vaccinated (they were only doing kids under 18, pregnant women, and caretakers of children under 6 months, so no vaccine for Aaron). I also got my regular flu shot while I was there.

When we left there was NO line. And over 300 vaccines left. Of course.

Anyway, today I woke up feeling like crap. I've got the post-shot mini flu. And while it totally sucks, it's nice knowing that this is the mini version and it's a small price to pay for avoiding the full blown nasty version that could possibly kill me.

The fact that it's only the mini version isn't going to stop me from laying on the couch for the rest of the day and whining about it though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAHHHHHHHHH THEY NEED TO VACCINATE EVERYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, NOT 18. GAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

mominaz said...

How did Wes take it and is he feeling ok?

mominaz said...

Oh. Sorry you're sick.

Sherry said...

I am not pregnant, and I'm not getting the vaccine. I really just want to get this dang flu and get it over with. Plus! The antibodies!

Sorry you're sick, bug glad you were able to get the vaccine so you don't get the flu and die.

TheMoncurs said...

Shawna- Each county chooses their priority groups. We talked to Aaron's family tonight and they mentioned that their clinics have been doing everyone under 24.

Mom- Wes is fine. Thanks for your concern :P

Sherry- Hopefully you just won't get it at all!

Staci said...

I was reading through this post & thought...well Kayla is not under 18, not pregnant & she doesn't have a child under 6 months...so how did she get the shot???

Well...I decided to scroll down through several posts & YOU ARE PREGNANT! Congratulations! Wish I knew when I saw you at Bethany's & I would have said Congrats in person. Sorry you are feeling so sick!

You prob know this...but if you are taking a prenatal vitamin at night...try it in the evenings, it made a world of difference for nausea.

TheMoncurs said...

Staci- My doc actually had me switch to Flintstones. No joke. I take 2 every morning. It's way way waaaay better than my prenatal!

Celia said...

I totally did the Flintstones! It reminded me of my childhood and made taking the prenatal vitamin less of a chore...and more exciting! Childish, I know. Also, I am super scared about the flu now and H1N1. I need to get my vaccines stat!