I arrived safe and sound yesterday about 5:30 Utah time. I actually really enjoy the 10 hour drive. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. It was overcast pretty much the whole way, which kept it nice and cool. Pretty much the whole way I was seeing lightning strikes a couple times every hour. It had been raining in the area around Lake Powell, so the desert was blooming. The only time the desert is ever pretty is at sunset or when it's been raining. As soon as I hit the more forest-y areas of southern Utah, I remembered why I love Utah so much! The trees were all changing colors and there were little streams everywhere. It was a beautiful drive.
I also had a bunch of books on cd, which made the drive go by super fast. It was fun!
On my way out of Kanab, I saw what I thought was a large black dog frolicking across the road. As I got closer, I realized it was a cow. The cow was followed by a number of other cows who were followed by an honest-to-goodness cowboy on a horse with a trusty dog by his side. I took pictures. I'll post them when I get home.
It's been really nice to come up here and spend time with Nikki. I've missed her a lot since moving back to AZ, and it's fun to come up here and see her house and her friends and her life. I'm bringing her lunch at work today which will be fun. I've heard a lot about her work, so I'm excited to go there.
I'm really glad that I actually have time to hang out this trip. The last couple of times we've been up here were really quick, very planned out trips. It's nice to have 3 full days to relax, walk around, and spend time with people. I'm having fun, but I still miss Aaron! A vacation isn't as much of a vacation without him!
Friday, October 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment