Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Trip in Words and Pictures

I had a really fun time in Utah visiting my sister and some of my dear lovely friends. So, for your enjoyment, pictures!


Nikki and I. I like how she looks kinda drunk.


I had a movie night with Thelma on Sunday night so Nikki could finish studying for a test. Her roommate is majoring in photography, so she got all creative with angles and stuff.


Jonny, Howard, and Jeff are awesome guys I used to hang out with in high school. Fortunately, I was able to go spend an hour or so at their apartment on Sunday between Church and going to see our aunt and uncle in Draper. I guess being married makes me a relationship guru. My visit was filled with, "Kayla, if you were single, and you did this, what would that mean??"

On Saturday night Nikki and I attended Apple Fest at Thelma's house. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got and it's blurry. And I look kind of freakish. But it was really fun! There were apples everywhere (in the light fixtures, on shelves, in the couch) and all kinds of apple-y foods. I had some delicious apple pie, apple juice, and apple cider. Also, I learned that the largest apple ever picked weighed 3 pounds. The other girl in the picture is Savannah, whom I met at EFY when I was 14. We just keep running into each other over the years and she just happened to be there. So we took a picture. She's leaving on a mission to Australia in November!


I stopped at a scenic overlook at Lake Powell. It was absolutely gorgeous. There was lightning in the distance (it wouldn't be still long enough for me to take a picture) and there were wildflowers everywhere. I took a stitch picture of the lake, but they don't line up quite the way I had planned, so it looks kinda funny. Can you tell I'd been in the car for 8 hours? My eye looks a little twitchy.

Lewis and I used to work together at the BYU library. We worked together for just over a year, during which he met Natalie, married her, and got her pregant. They were kind of speedy. Last time I saw little Hailey she was only a couple weeks old. Now, she is a super independent 14 month old and she was really unhappy about having to sit still to take a picture! It was awesome to see them!

I got to go to the BYU-SDSU game on Saturday, which was super fun. Aaron doesn't like sports, so we don't really ever watch or follow sports, but I had a really good time at the game. I went with my freshman roommate, Nicole, and her freshly returned missionary boyfriend. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Nate took a picture of Nicole and I, so at least I've got one picture from the game!

All in all it was a most excellent trip and totally worth the 20 hours of driving. Thanks to Nikki for letting me crash at her house and eat her food and drag her places!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun!!!

Novel Concept said...

It was so good to see you--I'll be sure that Nate sends the picture your way soon...either via me, or direct. :)

Noelle said...

How random, I was just looking for a recipe on your blog and I read this post and recognized Johnny from one of my freshman science classes. I think I wrote him a letter on his mission. Oh yeah, we were in Spanish together after his mission too. Random.