My new calling as Assistant Relief Society Secretary makes me the official Relief Society Birthday Person. We have a very large bright pink sign that says "Honk! It's my birthday!" that goes on your lawn when it's your birthday. When Aaron and I first moved into the ward we thought that was so awesome, just another example of why our ward rocks the socks off of everyone else's ward. I am now in charge of putting that sign out. When the secretary dropped off the signs (we have 2, just in case we have more than 1 birthday on one day) she complained a little about the difficulty of putting the sign out. I thought, "How hard could it be??'
Very hard. I give you the following illustrated version of my experience with the sign:

I'm not sure why we do that stupid sign anyway.
In other news, on my way home from work today this girl pulled up beside me at a red light. She had kind of that "crack whore chic" thing going on. You know, stringy hair, bags under her eyes, death in her stare. She was smoking and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana was pounding from her open windows. And she was driving a lime green Volkswagon Beetle. With a flower on the dash. She was really cool (says the girl who was rocking out to Wilson Phillips' "Hold On" when this occurred).
No comments:
Post a Comment