Monday, October 16, 2006

Hooray for Fall!

It's finally starting to cool down here at night. Sleeping at night in Arizona is not always a comfortable proposition. We had been sleeping with just a sheet since May, and Aaron usually ended up kicking it off or sleeping on top of it. But, a couple days ago, sometime very early in the morning, Aaron must have decided he was cold, cause when I woke up I was covered by our heavenly comforter!

My sleep has improved infinitely since the reintroduction of our comforter. It's amazing! Normally my body wakes itself up around 6 and I either get up to work out or snooze until 7 or so. Every morning since he put the comforter on the bed I have woken up very surprised at how late I've slept (7:30 is becoming very common). And even though it's late, I'm incredibly unwilling to get out of bed because I'm so enveloped in warmth and comfiness.

Hooray for Fall!

Also, Aaron and I have both been commenting how much it's starting to feel like Christmas. This is absolutely ridiculous considering we haven't even celebrated Halloween yet, but I still really feel the need to bake Christmas cookies and listen to Forgotten Carols all the time. The other day I caught myself absentmindedly worrying about where in the house we will put our Christmas tree (which we probably won't even start looking for for at least another month and a half).

I've officially decided this is my favorite time of the year. The temperature finally gets down to comfortable which means I can wear sweaters and use our comforter, it's no longer uncomfortably hot in the kitchen when I bake, there are apples everywhere (mmm..apples), Halloween is such a fun holiday, then there's wonderful Thanksgiving (and we're going to Hawaii to see Aaron's family!), and THEN there's Christmas! And who doesn't love Christmas? PLUS our first anniversary is just a couple days before Christmas!

We have so much to look forward to over the next couple months!

No comments: