I went to the chiropractor this morning for an adjustment (the ol' back's been causing some trouble as of late). After the good Doctor works his magic, they slap some electrode things on your back and stick you on a roller table for 10 minutes. I've never really felt like this step does anything for me, but it's 10 minutes laying down alone in a dark room, so there's no good reason to pass it up.
This morning it kind of felt like the 10 minutes took longer than usual. Usually I hear the timer go off in the office outside my room and someone comes to get me. The timer just kept not going off, and I was starting to think that maybe they had forgotten me, but I ok with it because it was so nice and comfy and dark and I was tired. But then the timer on the electrodes ran out. And then the timer on the roller table ran out. That's when I KNEW they had forgotten me.
I felt silly calling out...there were a lot of people out there! They probably would not have heard me unless I screamed. But getting up to go get someone wasn't really an option either. The electrodes are attached by wires to a machine on the opposite side of the room from the door. The cord wasn't long enough for me to get even close to the door and, due to the fact that the electrodes were stuck to my back, I couldn't reach them to pull them off. So, I was tethered and forgotten to the chiropractor's roller table.
After much wiggling around and reaching and straining, I got the first electrode off. The second and third followed quickly thereafter. But I just..couldn't..reach..the fourth one. It was smack in the middle of my back, right at the spot I always have to have Aaron scratch for me because I can't reach it no matter how hard I try. And it seemed determined to stick to my back come hell or high water.
After some serious acrobatics and wriggling my back against the edge of the roller table, it finally started to give. A couple minutes more and I was finally free! I poked my head sheepishly into the hallway and got the attention of the girl who put me in the room in the first place. "Pardon me," I said very politely, "but did you forget about me?"
She had. Oh well.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment